What your Trad arrow selection?

aggieland

WKR
Anyone that is hanging out on this site has to be somewhat on the cutting edge. Either with camping equipment, clothing or shooting equipment.. So what kind of arrows are you guys using..

I plan to use the .350 spine victory VAP shafts with 4" feathers, a 90 grain stainless insert/outsert and the VPA terminator 200 grain heads..

Broken Arrow

Lil-Rokslider
Douglas fir for me out of either my 50lb selfbow or 55lb recurve 5" feathers with either a Simmons interceptor or a bear greenie. Unless I build me a nice 60# selfbow.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I typically use a 340 Easton FMJ or Beman MFX Classic. Braodhead depending on animal is an Abowyer Brown Bear, Woodsman, or Snuffer.

a3dhunter

WKR
Just getting into trad., but I like the Beman MFX classic with the insert that comes with them, I think it's 75 grains, and then a 125 gr G5 striker on the end.
Total arrow weight is 550 grains.

I've just got some other arrows that are a little lighter weight, not sure I like them.

ElkNut1

WKR
aggieland, what other inserts can be used with those Victory VAP arrows? I notice they come with a 43 grain long insert, curious if a standard insert like the Hit may work? Thanks!

ElkNut1

jags

FNG
Aluminum here, 2018 Legacy with a 2 blade Magnus stingers, around 550 gr total arrow.

B

bearguide

i like wood tipped with bear or magnus with barbed feathers // if you are going to go trad go all the way // i have wild rose shafts with flint tips but they are so much work that i rarely shoot them

OP
aggieland

aggieland

WKR
aggieland, what other inserts can be used with those Victory VAP arrows? I notice they come with a 43 grain long insert, curious if a standard insert like the Hit may work? Thanks!

ElkNut1

The Hit will not fit these shafts because the dia is so small. You can use the new Easton Injection inserts with these but the thread count is different than the standard insert. also victory has an alunumun insert in two different weights that fit these and now they have the stainless steel for these. I'm very impressed with the build of these shafts. I believe they will be more durable than the FMJ's and a few other shafts I have tried.

OP
aggieland

aggieland

WKR
I typically use a 340 Easton FMJ or Beman MFX Classic. Braodhead depending on animal is an Abowyer Brown Bear, Woodsman, or Snuffer.

I used the Abowyer brown bear heads last year with my compound. I thought they would be the perfect broadhead, but the tip bent on every single one of them. This year i'm going to try the VPA terminators.

I've been using Doug Fir with Magnus vented 4 blade broadheads for many years....has worked great on deer, elk and bear....got to love em

Rod

Lil-Rokslider
Grizzlystick Alaskans 135 Zwickey delta w/125 grain adapter 100 grain brass inserts. Gives me a 710 grain finished arrow that flys great & hits like a tank!

OreTK

FNG
Douglas Fir is about all I shoot anymore. My broadhead of choice is the 125 gr Wensel Woodsman

RyanD

FNG
Come on OreTK don't be shy you gotta show some pics of your artwork

G Posik

WKR
I am shooting FMJ's at 31.5", 100gr brass inserts, 200 gr German Kinetics (Silver Flame) with 10gr brass washer, three 5" shield cut feathers for a total of 720 grains (18 % FOC) total weight, slingin these from my 70# Sarrels Archery Superstition longbow. I can drop in some tube weight inserts and get right at the 1000gr total weight.

Glenn

OreTK

FNG
Come on OreTK don't be shy you gotta show some pics of your artwork

well, okay. These are my personal hunting arrows.

arrows4.jpg

This is a set I made for the RMEF National Convention to be auctioned off.

RMEF-arrows.jpg

Here's another set I made for a fella recently.

codysarrows.jpg