What TV shows need to come back?

kravguy

WKR
I didn't flip thru this entire thread. Hopefully someone said classic cartoons like Bugs Bunny. Tom & Jerry.

Q child

WKR
I'd like to see interesting and original content on television and at the movie theater. No more remakes. No more sequels. No more spin-offs.

signing off

Lil-Rokslider
Married with Children. For sure.
Al had such a way with women. As in "Go away!"
Except for those in "Big 'uns".
I'm starting into a t shirt business that is all gun related. I'm going to print 2 big ole 45's down by front waist. Maybe write something cute like "love me some big 'uns"

stv117

Lil-Rokslider
the big bang theory... now this show made beaning a nerd look cool...

Q child

WKR
We tried to watch a Seinfeld rerun a few months back and I could only think to myself "What in hell were we thinking". Dumbest show ever created.
I kinda feel the same way. It has its moments, but it is nowhere near as funny as I used to find it. Comedy is like that. It doesn't age that well. I'm not really sure why that is. And I'm not just talking about things that were previously socially acceptable, but that would offend the current sensibilities. Even safe, network comedy like Seinfeld just doesn't last. I think it has to do with timing and delivery, but I'm not sure. All the characters on Seinfeld are pretty exaggerated, and the joke is often as much about how they are saying their line as it is the line itself. Then it became funny to parody Jerry's exaggerated delivery. Think, "what's the deal with airline food?" Now looking back at it neither Jerry's delivery, or a parody of Jerry's delivery are that funny anymore.
Other performance art forms aren't like that. Drama ages well. Music ages well.