What shoes are worth it?

for a decade or so, I had a revolving door of about 4 pairs of hunting boots, each was so unbearable and uncomfortable to wear, even when I had them fitted.
Recently I got a pair of danners, even after breaking them in for 2 weeks, using hairdryers, putting a bag of water in them, and freezing them, my feet go numb. I'd rather wear squirrels on my feet than hunting/hiking shoes at this point.
At this point, no matter what size I get or what brand it is, it feels like I'm wearing petrified wood.
The ones I had for years and worse repeatedly are better, but they're too dilapidated.
I might wear bunny slippers to go shooting next week to prove a point-
Does anyone else have this issue?

Attachments

• danner.jpg
    danner.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 3

Wheels

WKR
Have you tried Crispi’s? I find them very comfortable right out of the box if you get the right size and width.

madgrad02

WKR
+1 for crispis, but do have stiffer soles... though I've had great luck with my la sportiva tx4 boots as well... like a pair of shoes.

Get some Crispi's. Money well spent. Best boots I've ever worn. Currently have 4 pair of them.
Check out the boot sell trade thread in the classifieds you might just run across a great deal in your size

Cornhusker

Lil-Rokslider
I know everybody has hit up Crispi's and I bought there GTX boot on a recommendation from here this spring and it is the best boot I've ever worn. I have size 15 and my feet really bother me in a lot of boots I've worn through the years.. I have about 300 miles on these since I've got them and they are awesome.

I've had a pair of Crispis that I loved, and a pair that was trash. I wouldn't get too hung up on brand; everyone's foot is different. I'd try as many different pairs of boots as you can instead of trying to stick with a particular brand.