What rest do you like?

Finch

WKR
Many won't agree but you really can't beat the practical and reliable whisker biscuit. Yeah, it's cheap, crude, and ugly but it gets the job done.

lintond

WKR
I have used the smackdown pro for three years. Besides a screw coming loose I've had no issues and it's stupid simple.

Slim Jim

WKR
Hamskea versa rest is what I've been using for over a year and a half now and by far the best rest I've ever used. Built to last!

Outwest

WKR
I just picked up a Trophy Taker smackdown pro to upgrade from the original pronghorn. Very well constructed rest with easy setup. One of the most quiet rests I have ever used for sure.

No matter what brand you decide to go with, I would seriously consider a limb driven rest over cable driven. Not having to mess with the timing is a thing of beauty. Just tie it on the limb tight and forget about it.

I was running the Vapor Trail Pro V and it worked good. Now running the Ripcord Ace. With my limited use so far, seems like a nice rest.

SDHNTR

WKR
Put a Ripcord Ace on new bow. I like the functionality of it but that is a loud ass rest! I really don't like cable driven rests period, and epecially ones that land on the shelf. Have a AAE Pro Drop on old bow. Now that's a fine rest. Limb driven, with a steel cable, micro adjust, containment clip if you want it, and a spring steel launcher for supreme accuracy.

I really don't like cable driven rests period, and epecially ones that land on the shelf.
It's loud because it hits the shelf? IIRC, drop away rest's need to be setup to not hit the shelf when dropping. Mine is pretty close but not touching.

4:45 at the following Youtube video talks about fletching contact when the launcher hits the shelf but I'm sure applies to noise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cuJzag9cSE

StrutNut

Lil-Rokslider
I have a RipCord Code Red. Love the rest, its quiet but I learned the hard way to keep an eye on that cord as just because it doesnt show wear doesnt mean it hasnt stretched and will no longer function properly. Nothing like finding out your rest is not working in the middle of a trophy hunt. I have not looked into new ones yet, I am just more diligent about checking the cord and replacing it. Its a great argument for the biscuit to be honest. Its what I put on my sons bow and is about as maintenance free as it gets. I would switch over but I often hunt in single to below digit temps and the biscuit is noisier and the Code Red is quiet as can be which is nice when noise seems to amplify and your drawing back on deer in tight quarters.

SDHNTR

WKR
It's loud because it hits the shelf? IIRC, drop away rest's need to be setup to not hit the shelf when dropping. Mine is pretty close but not touching.

4:45 at the following Youtube video talks about fletching contact when the launcher hits the shelf but I'm sure applies to noise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cuJzag9cSE

Yes, it lands on the shelf. Just barely, but I dont really like it. If I mounted it any higher I'd be off the berger holes.

jmez

WKR
Vapor Trail sells a shelf pad. I mount all mine so the prongs are behind the shelf when down, don't have to worry about them contacting.