What puffy are you guys using?

MNBill

Lil-Rokslider
Kryptek Lycos. Bought it last year on closeout. Crazy warm and does a good job of being windproof. Very light also.

aaron14

Lil-Rokslider
I have the KUIU Superdown Ultra for early season and First Lite Chamberlin for late. Both are great for those times of year, but I definitely need something to fill in that gap, as the Ultra is pretty light and the Chamberlin is pretty heavy. I will probably get the KUIU Pro before next fall, unless First Lite comes out with something.

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider
I use a number of them:
-Kryptek Aquillo
-Sitka Kelvin jacket (big one not kelvin lite)
-UA Hybrid hooded puffy
-Cañada Goose down jacket
-Patagonia Hooded Down Sweater
-Patagonia Micro Puff hooded jacket
-Kryptek Kratos jacket
-The North Face Thermoball Vest
-I’ve had others from many brands

My favorite light weight is the Kryptek Aquillo. Just great. Really pleased and exceeded expectations. My favorite non-hunting jacket is the Patagonia Hooded Down Sweater. I wish the Patagonia was water resistant like the Kryptek but it isn’t. Despite that it’s really impressive. Canada Goose is impressive but quite costly and is a bit too warm for all but the most insanely cold days.

NomadHunter603

Lil-Rokslider
I just got a First Lite Uncompahgre and I've been very happy with it so far. I haven't had any long sits in it or anything, but just wearing it out and about with a t-shirt underneath I've been very comfortable. So far I've had it out in about 0 degree weather.

Zsyacsure

FNG
I run a FL Uncompahgrepuffy, cirrus puffy and a carharrt puffy. i wear the carharrt everyday to work and out in the mountains and it’s more durable and just as good as the cirrus.... and it hasn’t ripped yet.

prm

WKR
Capilene base
Peleton 240 (like wearing a windproof shirt)
Arc’teryx Atom LT hoodie (covers most situations)
Kifaru LPP (for glassing or sitting in camp when very cold)

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
At home I use a RAB Microlight Jacket.
Hunting in moderate temps I use the Sitka Kelvin Lite Hoody.
When the temps get really low, I use Sitka Kelvin Down WS Hoody, the thing is an oven.
After using Kifaru's Slick bag for the first time this year, I am tempted to try their Lost Parka.

The LPP and Uncompahgre are great synthetic jackets, I run them together when it gets really cold. The LPP is not well thought out though in my opinion, no pockets and the sleeves suck.
I love the Eddie Bauer Microtherm with its athletic cut and the Nunatak Kobuk in down.
My Nunatak is by far my warmest jacket plus you can add custom features
jvTlcXG.jpg

Ibex

FNG
Have wore out a kenai and just picked up a unpronounceable in the tag soup sale

Skull10

WKR
Have wore out a kenai and just picked up a unpronounceable in the tag soup sale
Do you have any feed back on the Kuiu Kenai that you can share. I had a Kuiu Super Down (No Hood) puffy and was not impressed with the warmth. It was very light and compressed well, just didn't seem that warm. I was thinking about trying the KENAI ULTRA HOODED JACKET but wanted to be sure it would be warmer.

Huntinman57

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Columbia down jacket I bought on CLEARANCE for 55$ it's kinda kiwi green and 650 or 750 down. Its light weight and works excellent.

Ibex

FNG
Do you have any feed back on the Kuiu Kenai that you can share. I had a Kuiu Super Down (No Hood) puffy and was not impressed with the warmth. It was very light and compressed well, just didn't seem that warm. I was thinking about trying the KENAI ULTRA HOODED JACKET but wanted to be sure it would be warmer.
I don’t have any experience with the super down but I felt the kenai was very warm.

rackcity24

Lil-Rokslider
Sitka Kelvin hoody. I only use it for glassing mostly. It's to warm to wear when I have the rest of my layering system on while hiking.