What piece of gear do you wish existed?

Whisky

WKR
Not sure if you are looking for heavily insulated or not, but cyclist use these Cycling arm warmers - they come in all flavors of colors and options like windproof, insulated, sunproof, etc. Very compact when not needed.

51VQ6ePqiiL._AC_UL1024_.jpg

When I read the title of this thread I immediately thought of a GOOD arm guard for late season archery. Now I'm wondering if this sleeve would maybe work for that.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
WTH? How did I not know these existed? 🤦‍♂️

While we're at it, do people use teleportation to travel yet? What else have I missed out on while I was in that coma? 😅
Hahahhaha, you must have been in a coma under a rock in a cave.

We don't have flying cars, but we have this Rona virus. If you have the option, a coma may be preferable than society.....

psalm1715

FNG
Something that attaches climbing sticks to a hang on stand with a flat profile, but is part of the stand. I really don't like the Lone Wolf plastic stick carrier, but other options are limited.

When I read the title of this thread I immediately thought of a GOOD arm guard for late season archery. Now I'm wondering if this sleeve would maybe work for that.
I cut off the toe of my dress socks when they wear out and pull them over my sleeve. It’s been my method for years.

43.6N

FNG
Ultra light down poncho for glassing warmth.

Ive actually been thinking about it so much that I made one this morning. It’s even warmer than I thought it would be!

Pilsner

Lil-Rokslider
I like these highly accurate and lightweight rifles that are available nowadays. What I would like to see available to compliment them is an equally lightweight scope, but which is specifically designed with the long range hunter in mind. It would have to be in the 9 to 12 ounce range with a high quality turret system that's not going to fail , and a parallax adjustment. I think a power range of 1.75-6 or 2-7 would be sufficient., even out to 600 or 700 yards.
Leupold VX3i 2.5-8x 32 with a CDS dial would do nicely. Its 11 ounces without dial

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210101-160709_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210101-160709_Chrome.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 102

TheGDog

WKR
A product like my SneekTec Boot sole coverings, but with the fastening system revisited. The product works amazing but it's a total PITA putting on and taking back off. Just seems to take way more time then it should putting them on or off.

Also maybe something like chaps that can be put on once you reach your sit spot after the long hike-in. Sometimes the socks will have some sweat to 'em and maybe the legs of the pants a lil bit too.. so then when you settle into your sit and then the cold morning breezes come thru it'll chill your feet/legs. At the moment I just lay one of the extra jacket layers over my legs/feet to deal with it. But would be cool if they had like, maybe some kind of I dunno, stirrup pants maybe? That you could slip on quitely once you got within those last several hundred yards of your intended location.

And freaking EVERYTHING should have pit-zips on them, where you can unzip and air-out a bit after (or during) the initial hike-in. I have this 20 yr old Enduro Jacket that has both pit-zips, elbow zips and similar sections like that on the chest area. So when you're on your moto and it's crazy hot it's really cool since you can on-the-fly while riding make adjustments to remedy the changing conditions. Also that Enduro Jacket in those chest sections has two compartments to have a water bladder in there with a feed-out metal grommet on the covering flap so you can feed the drink tube thru it.

Suspenders: Much like backpack have the sternum strap, suspenders should also have a positionable sternum strap type of piece as well, so thaty way you can have it adjusted nice and loose for your sit.. but when you get up and walk around that looseness required doesn't then allow the shoulder straps to annoying slide down and require you to pull them back up habitually.

There also needs to somehow be a product like the Helinox style chairs... but revised for hunters such that they can be unfurled quickly and without the noise. Perhaps hinged legs instead of shock-corded?

Also for predator seat cushions, they need to take a cue from bicycle seats nowadays and mold in a groove for your choda/taint area and also concentrate the padding more specifically around where your sit bones on the pelvis would rest upon it. Further contributing to airflow in there so sits in the heat don't cook your crotch and make ya swampy.

Another thought I had this morning from a convo with the Mrs about a lighting product... seems like by now they ought to be able to create some kind of personal-sized, sealed, nuclear generator device we could use, rather then batteries. I mean the amount of fissionable material could be crazy minute for this application. Like imagine on the hike out.. being able to essentially plug-into a 120V socket so you could power like a multi-thousand lumens headlamp! How freakin' cool would that be, right? No worries about Gee... I hope it was sunny enough on this cloudy day for the solar stuff to recharge, etc. We have Tritium in our night sights on weapons. Why not a similar concept, but just upped a little bit in scale to act as a power supply. And to aswage fears about terrorists doing weird isht you just make the inner most core thing be completely sealed and have a tiny amount of material anyway. I mean... I know.. I KNOW.. the tech has gotta be there to make something like this... just a question of them disallowing it from being made due to fear concerns. (And also energy profits!) But that's were clever engineering can come in and address those problems. I have to figure such a device sell like MAD all over the world! Imagine living in a 3rd-world butthole of a country, and being able to get your hands on a power source like that! That'd be life-changing for such a person!

If you're gonna dream, dream big, right?

43.6N

FNG
Any pics?
It started life as a Costco down blanket, and a few cuts and tassels later it blossomed into my glassing moo moo.

In all seriousness though, it kept me pretty warm on a chill January afternoon. And it packed into its own stuff sack about the size of a 16oz bottle.

And deer were seen, so the stoke was high!!737C1BBF-F8E2-4CCC-9EA9-C6B5B4913CD2.jpegA401C57F-6EC1-4ACD-853E-B762E0DA599C.jpeg

ozyclint

WKR
I wish someone made a trekking pole with an ice axe head!!!!!!!
A black diamond carbon whippet with a pick and adze. I would buy one immediately.

the petzl snowscopic is no longer made plus its collapsed length is too long. so is the Stubai

Last edited:

as.ks.ak

WKR
I wish someone made a trekking pole with an ice axe head!!!!!!!
A black diamond carbon whippet with a pick and adze. I would buy one immediately.

the petzl snowscopic is no longer made plus its collapsed length is too long. so is the Stubai

Closest you’re going to get on the market currently. Break out your piggy bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ozyclint

WKR
Hmm, the ergonomics of the head look uncomfortable. then he puts the strap right where you want to hold it when walking with it. ???
regular isn't long enough and the long isn't short enough. a 3 section pole would be better.

plus mega$$$