What piece of gear do you wish existed?

That exists so you are in luck. But for the life of me I can't remember who makes them.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Not sure if you are looking for heavily insulated or not, but cyclist use these Cycling arm warmers - they come in all flavors of colors and options like windproof, insulated, sunproof, etc. Very compact when not needed.

51VQ6ePqiiL._AC_UL1024_.jpg

I wish for some sort of way to use trekking poles and the frame of a quality pack to make a chair for the backcountry with about zero weight penalty. Gotta be a way to have the poles stick in the back of the pack for a back rest or something. I’ve tried with my exo and been successful but it takes a ton of effort to get it just right so it doesn’t fall over but is a good angle for leaning back while glassing. Someone smarter than me out there.....?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish someone would make a quality day pack with only one shoulder strap instead of 2...
And no matter what turkey vest I try, there is always something “custom” I’ve got to do to it that should have been obvious to the designer

A quality 3-18x range riflescope that will dial and is dead nuts reliable, but weighs 18oz max!

It baffles me that this has not been figured out yet. With today’s materials, tech and manufacturing, we should not have to put 2 extra pounds on a rifle to get reliability.

Try these, down sleeves from a company called Jacks r Better

Not sure if you are looking for heavily insulated or not, but cyclist use these Cycling arm warmers - they come in all flavors of colors and options like windproof, insulated, sunproof, etc. Very compact when not needed.

51VQ6ePqiiL._AC_UL1024_.jpg

Doesn't the Garmin zero already do this with GPS watches? well I thought it did anyways when I had it I just never had a compatible watch or GPS unit

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Medium weight stretchy rain gear that actually stays up and keep you dry.

Suspenders that have half moons that go out around my nips but somehow still work.

Completely non lined smoke jumper style boots but with a regular heal not a tall ankle rolling logger hear.

Boot soles with ground up walnut shells or whatever they put in studdless tires for more grip in slick.

A LPP in all codura. Where I live it would work great. I know it’ll be louder but I’m not concerned about that.

I like these highly accurate and lightweight rifles that are available nowadays. What I would like to see available to compliment them is an equally lightweight scope, but which is specifically designed with the long range hunter in mind. It would have to be in the 9 to 12 ounce range with a high quality turret system that's not going to fail , and a parallax adjustment. I think a power range of 1.75-6 or 2-7 would be sufficient., even out to 600 or 700 yards.

I would like to see some way to produce heat in a tent without running the chance of burning the place down. I mean like a small 2 man pup tent. I tried a UCO candle lantern last year, it was good but there has got to be something better out there.

Back