What pad is everyone using?

Bmcox86

WKR
So I have had a few pads over the last few years and can't seem to find that right one. I have had serveral big agnes pads and some of the cheaper thermarests. Currently have a zrest but thinking of a neoair. I'm a side sleeper and using a quilt. So what's everyone using and what are your opinions on them?

Thanks

Last edited:

colonel00

WKR
I have an XLite and Xtherm and use them with quilts. I too am a side sleeper and I love these pads.

Trr15

WKR
I'm using a thermarest anniversary edition. One of the yellow ones they came out with a couple years ago. It's comfortable, but I'm thinking about picking up a qcore or an xtherm to lighten my load a bit.

Shrek

WKR
Exped synmat ul9. 3.5" and R6 insulation. My LW with its repair kit , in its bag and with a snozel pump is 31.5 oz. The smaller sizes are lighter of course. If I remember correctly it's wider and warmer than the q-core while still lighter. I have no complaints.

BillyGoatGruff

Lil-Rokslider
I too am looking for a new pad? Had a slight issue with a new puppy that chewed the valve on my thermarest. Left the door to my gear closet open.
I needed a new one anyways...

BGG

Jay03

WKR
Big Agnes Q-core SL here. I use the long wide pad, love the comfort of this pad and not falling off the sides at night. I am a new quilt convert also and its been working great so far. I had a Exped UL7 synmat for a short time that didn't hold air over night. Took it back figuring it was defective and the salesman at REI told me that was normal and I was pretty shocked! I still believe mine was defective but I upgraded to the Big Agnes anyway. I had purchased the Exped the first time around because it was less expensive than the Q-core SL and a few ounces lighter. Both were comfortable and me personally I gave the edge to the Q-core SL. So I ended up with the pad I really wanted in the end even though the price was pretty steep.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I'm still using the same Neo Air Short 9oz pad I bought in 2010. Still going strong and refuses to die! That said the new Big Agnes Insulated Air Cores as 3.25" thick are pretty darn comfy as well! But I'm not that picky of a sleeper.

muleman

WKR
... I had a Exped UL7 synmat for a short time that didn't hold air over night. Took it back figuring it was defective and the salesman at REI told me that was normal and I was pretty shocked! I still believe mine was defective ...

Interesting, I'm going on the third year on one of my UL Exped mats without any issues.

KMD

Banned
Another happy Exped UL-7 user. Side sleeper at times & use a quilt with no worries. Holds air just fine. The ease of inflating this pad with the optional Schnozzle bag is the schizz...