What new gear would you like to see?

I'd like a better holster for my bear gun that attaches to my pant belt, wraps around my thigh, and rides towards the front my thigh. I don't like negating my cargo pant pocket and I certainly don't like the holster on my waist or across my chest because of my pack belt and my bino harness. It seems to me that I could draw it quickly from just in front of my cargo pocket and it wouldn't be in the way of everything else.
I know what you mean, but a thigh holster means swinging weight, which is fatigue'n and annoying. I finally settled on a Serpa holster in crossdraw config on my pant belt. I like the plastic as it dries fast and is tough. Pack waist belt can go above or below as desired, I run it above.
Hunt'nFish

Last edited:

Ray

WKR
I'd like a better holster for my bear gun that attaches to my pant belt, wraps around my thigh, and rides towards the front my thigh. I don't like negating my cargo pant pocket and I certainly don't like the holster on my waist or across my chest because of my pack belt and my bino harness. It seems to me that I could draw it quickly from just in front of my cargo pocket and it wouldn't be in the way of everything else.

A couple of pounds of BFR swinging on your thigh sounds like a good way to injure yourself over time.

Have you considered a cross draw holster that rides on your pack belt, but can also be fitted to your pants belt when not wearing the pack?

I have seen a couple of guys up here that carry their BFR in a cross draw with a thumb break to hold it. I did not inspect how they attached it to the pack belt. On my G2 Longhunter guide I would use a clip system with somekind of velcro wrap back up.

A couple of pounds of BFR swinging on your thigh sounds like a good way to injure yourself over time.

Have you considered a cross draw holster that rides on your pack belt, but can also be fitted to your pants belt when not wearing the pack?

I have seen a couple of guys up here that carry their BFR in a cross draw with a thumb break to hold it. I did not inspect how they attached it to the pack belt. On my G2 Longhunter guide I would use a clip system with somekind of velcro wrap back up.
i got a kydex holster from blade-tech with the teklok system, pretty sweet other than 6wk lead time

Mike7

WKR
I would like to see some soft shelled gloves that damp hands don't stick to when you're putting them on. My thought is something like Kuiu Attack Pant material attached back to back so that both the outside and inside of the gloves shows the smooth side of the soft shell material. The palmar aspect of the hand and fingers could also have some light weight leather to help with durability but not too heavy too hold much water. With 1-2 pairs of these gloves and my waterproof REI uninsulated shell mittens, I would be set for about any weather condition.

Also, for the holster envy guys above...take a look at the military type Bianchi holsters. They will come on and off of your pant's waist belt or a Kifaru pack belt or pack's PALS in a second or two. I carry mine cross draw on my pack belt, but it is really easy to detach and put on your pants belt if you wear a belt and like to drop your pack.

flyinsquirel

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
A quiet, inexpensive, light weight, fast drying, camo pant that these damn central Cal burs don't stick to. If you've hunted the lower elevations of the Sierra Nevada's, you know what I'm talking about.

Lawnboi

WKR
Iv got an idea. Add 2 2in 3bar sliders to the backpouch and 2 1in dock and lock things any that will allow people that want a 500d E&E the ability to put straps on it. Sounds so easy I might try making it myself.