What meat grinder do you use?

rbljack

WKR
I have run a #8 for years and it does ok. With that said....the second grind takes a while and many times I wish I had bought a bigger grinder. Over thanksgiving I splurged and bought the LEM #32 with a dual grind adapter. I think if i had bought the #22 initially that would have been a better value for a "one and done" purchase. Looking back, instead of getting a #8, Id have saved money and time in the long run buying a #22. But I now await the 1.5 hp #32 from LEM, so hope that helps.

I have a 20+ old Cabelas one that was made by LEM. It has served me very well. When it dies, which may be soon....she's getting kinda noisy, I plan on getting another LEM.

Cabela's 1 3/4 HP Carnivore will literally throw a breaker before it clogs. It will eat anything and does amazing. 10/10 recommend.

peaches

Lil-Rokslider
I single grind with a LEM 12 and medium plate. Texture is perfect and no need to double grind. I used to double grind with a cheaper model but the texture could be mooshy or too crumbly. I believe your meat prep and sinew/fat removal is as important to the finished product as the grinder used.

eshunt

Lil-Rokslider
I got a Cabela's 3/4hp with a foot pedal control. It works well for the amount I do. Usually runs batches of 25-50lbs. It was a hand me down from my dad that wasn't using it. Happy with it for sure, but I wouldn't want to go any smaller on the motor size.

Cabela's 3/4 HP. It's worked great and I've passed many bears, elk, deer and moose through it.

mcdues

FNG
I use a 3/4HP cabelas and have easily done 6 deer in 1 afternoon. Never felt the need to go to 1HP, but better to go higher than lower if you are on the fence. It’s never overheated, never stuttered, but we do trim our meat before grinding so that helps too.

I have a LEM #12 that does a good job. A buddy has a bigger one that definitely is nicer but I've been happy with my #12.