What is on your hunting bucket list?

Snowwolfe

Lil-Rokslider
After living in Alaska for decades most of my list is complete, grizzly, black bear, caribou, dall sheep, blacktail, moose, etc. Had a wolf in my sights and let him walk so I considered that as a success. Also shot a huge bison with my 1895 Winchester in 405 Winchester.

Bucket list? It would have to be a really nice whitetail off our own property. Thinking 160 class or better. Second choice would be a nice elk. Nowadays we only kill what we can eat so my desires are limited.

glass eye

FNG
Hunts on the burner, most on the back burner.

Haul Road Caribou Aug/Sep 2023

Eastern Turkey (Last one of the World Slam) for Spring 2024

Waterfowl all diy. Not taken yet: King and Common Eider, Black Duck, Cackler/ minima.

D

Deleted member 8-15-23

After 54 years, pretty much done it all. Griz charge, made the cover of outdoor life. 120 bow kills, need to pull a desert sheep tag in 2 days???. Kill a Bow 170 plus mulie, great chance in 11 weeks. No interest in Africa. Need a Roosevelt. Guess my list is short. Been a good run already.

cjdewese

WKR
I have a Dall (grizzly, caribou as possible bonuses) hunt this August- booked the hunt three years ago but getting close now :D

My luck at drawing a bighorn or mtn goat license here locally has been disappointing to say the least (30 years!), but you never know.
Good luck on your hunt this month. Looking forward to reading about it later if you choose to post it up.

PlumberED

WKR
After living in Alaska for decades most of my list is complete, grizzly, black bear, caribou, dall sheep, blacktail, moose, etc. Had a wolf in my sights and let him walk so I considered that as a success. Also shot a huge bison with my 1895 Winchester in 405 Winchester.

Bucket list? It would have to be a really nice whitetail off our own property. Thinking 160 class or better. Second choice would be a nice elk. Nowadays we only kill what we can eat so my desires are limited.
I’d also like a 160 class buck off our property.

Mule deer and elk out west.

The biggest thing on the list has always been Alaska. Moose, Caribou etc.

Unless I win the lottery my chances are pretty slim though.

willtim

WKR
Dall sheep was my dream. Now I want a back country elk hunt with the chance of seeing a grizzly ( hopefully 800 yards away through binos ).

Davisjj8

Lil-Rokslider
Alaskan brown bear
Mexico mule deer
Big horn sheep
Red stag

Among others, the list goes on for a while…

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bighorn sheep hunt. Gotta draw a tag first. Hope my age doesn’t exceed my bonus points to bad. MTG

You and me both- 30+ years of not drawing :(. Although on the brighter side, it's what convinced my wife to say just go a Dall hunt! :D

buffybr

FNG
You and me both- 30+ years of not drawing :(. Although on the brighter side, it's what convinced my wife to say just go a Dall hunt! :D
Add me to that Montana Unsuccessful Drawing list with 36 Unsuccessful years for Moose, 41 Unsuccessful years for a Bighorn ram, and 46 Unsuccessful years for a Mountain Goat.

I turned 78 this week, and every year when I apply for these guys, I wonder if I can still climb on those hunts (especially the Goat) if I were to draw a tag.

In my 59 years of big game hunting, I've filled a bucket full of Bucket Lists, but I'd still like to get an
Alaskan moose,
Newfoundland Woodland caribou,
Stone ram,
Desert bighoorn ram,
Columbia blacktail deer,
Axis deer,
Mouflan ram...

I need to get busy!

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Add me to that Montana Unsuccessful Drawing list with 36 Unsuccessful years for Moose, 41 Unsuccessful years for a Bighorn ram, and 46 Unsuccessful years for a Mountain Goat.

I turned 78 this week, and every year when I apply for these guys, I wonder if I can still climb on those hunts (especially the Goat) if I were to draw a tag.

In my 59 years of big game hunting, I've filled a bucket full of Bucket Lists, but I'd still like to get an
Alaskan moose,
Stone ram,
Desert bighoorn ram,
Columbia blacktail deer,
Axis deer,
Mouflan ram...

I need to get busy!

Doh- maybe I better quit complaining! :ROFLMAO:

Ramem7mm

FNG
I have a Dall sheep hunt scheduled for 2028. The anticipation is going to be rough for the next 4 years.

Only two bucket list hunts remain. Location, species, sex, nor trophy size matter. Someday, I hope to hunt with my daughter (19 months) and son (2 months). I can't wait.

Mtns2hunt

Lil-Rokslider
Another wolf hunt, Lynx and trophy whitetail. I never tire of hunting Whitetail deer. Plus a free range buffalo.

MTGunner

Lil-Rokslider

Alaskan moose,
Stone ram,
Desert bighoorn ram,
Columbia blacktail deer,
Axis deer,
Mouflan ram...

I need to get busy!
I drew a mountain goat tag in 2011. Successful hunt that really kicked my old butt. MTG