What is on your hunting bucket list?

smoke

Lil-Rokslider
I'm 63 and while I'm still in pretty good condition, age is not just a number . . . it matters. With that in mind, I'm trying to develop a bucket list of critters I'd still like to hunt. I don't want to spend a ton of money but I don't want to be the richest guy in the cemetery either. I'm mostly a trad/primitive archer but don't mind using a rifle now and then. I'd like to get input from all of you - what is on your lists?

A trophy fly in Newfoundland moose hunt has been my dream since I was a kid. But I think I waited too long. I'm 66 y/o, and prices have gone up substantially since the Chinese flu travel restrictions have lifted. Starting to doubt if I'll be able to get it done.

So, I'll put in for the Maine moose draw for the 34th year, and hope for the best.

Kurto_15

FNG
Alaskan Moose or Grizzly
Bighorn sheep
Also being from Michigan I’d love to draw a Michigan elk tag some year

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have a Dall (grizzly, caribou as possible bonuses) hunt this August- booked the hunt three years ago but getting close now :D

My luck at drawing a bighorn or mtn goat license here locally has been disappointing to say the least (30 years!), but you never know.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mine is actually really simple being I will never have enough money for a stone sheep hunt in the Yukon. (That would be number one in the world)
As long as I can chase big mountain mule deer in the high country every year, well, my bucket list is filled.

Randy

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I would love to do spot and stalk Kudu and Grizzly with a bow. But not sure I'd call them "bucket list" items. I don't feel the need to actually do them......they would just be pretty cool to do. The hunts would be cool, spending the money.....not so cool. That would buy some pretty decent elk tags, which I put a higher value on.

wyosteve

WKR
I've been very fortunate to have done numerous of the hunts I desired so don't really have a bucket list. Am booked for brown bear this spring and hoping for a N.M. oryx tag at this point.