What is on your hunting bucket list?

A bigger elk
moose
brown bear
caribou
Antilope
going to spend the next few healthy years hunting as many times as possible.

ELKhunter60

Lil-Rokslider
Newfoundland Moose this fall
150" or bigger fair chase whitetail
Archery Grizz
170" or bigger mule deer
Mountain Goat
Musk Ox

I'm 55 so I hopefully have a few years to work in this list and if I don't make it, being able to chase what I could when I could is better than I deserve anyway!

IDShane

WKR
My dream is the North American 29 I am not even close and l will likely run out of funds way before I get to the sheep. I am going to have a ton of fun trying....

I would like to hunt an elk or a moose on an adventure type hunt. But if I never do I still be happy as I still do more than my share of whitetail hunting every year. Long seasons and being able to work while traveling and hunting is really a blessing. The old saying you will run out of health before you run out of money is very true.

Having lived in Colorado and New Mexico all my adult life I have been blessed to hunt most of the western big game species and harvest quite a few. I have yet to draw a moose tag--waiting on Colorado later this month or next.

My bucket list trip would be a trip to Alaska to hunt about anything: Sitka Blacktail, bears of any type, moose, or caribou. My problem is I don't have a plan to make that happen yet. Hopefully I will change that in the next few months!

Glendine

Lil-Rokslider
Traditional Scottish red stag
Bavarian red stag
Hungary Roebuck
Argali
Ibex in one of the Stan's
Combine a Scottish highland Red deer hunt with a Roebuck hunt, as Scotland has better roebuck than Red stags. If you are going to the highlands I suggest a traditional Red deer hunt with Garron pony extraction.

Regards,
Glendine

Attachments

• 123456789..jpg
    123456789..jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 20

Glendine

Lil-Rokslider
I am surprised no one has so far suggested to hunt Sika deer - considering how tough the are to hunt and how beautiful a creature they are.

Glendine,

Attachments

• 5A9A69F2-510C-4C07-92DA-2FDB69C8BA79.jpeg
    5A9A69F2-510C-4C07-92DA-2FDB69C8BA79.jpeg
    484.1 KB · Views: 17

SloppyJ

WKR
Just a dude over here living vicariously through all of you trying to work up the courage and budget to take my first elk trip out west. That's the first of my bucket list. I hunt white tails hard every year here but that's about it.

Another on my list is a turkey. We don't have too many where I'm at but they aren't too far. Just need to throw myself out there and go. My number one right now is a back-country type elk hunt within the next 5yrs before I'm 40.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Reading thru these I realized I commented but did not answer…

Tier one in no particular order more sheep hunts; Dall and Rocky specifically, and a spring Brown bear hunt.

Tier 2 would be deer hunting in Mexico in January and finally killing my long hunted nemesis the mountain lion.

1. Elk (maybe this year in WY)
2. Caribou (should have gone sooner)
3. Mule Deer (as big and as often as possible)
4. Roebuck (to go with my Fallow, Muntjac and Chamois when I was stationed in Europe)

Last edited:

Whip

WKR
At 68 I've checked off most of my bucket list. There are a couple of animals have hunted but have yet to bring home - moose & caribou. That may or may not ever happen though because bull elk keep bumping out of the top spot even though I've had fairly good luck with them.
So I guess I'm really not chasing a list, more like just keep doing what I love the most, and will keep it up as long as I am physically able.

Working on setting up a Maryland eastern shore black powder sika deer hunt right now. Been wanting to hunt those little elk for a long time looks like it's going to happen either this Oct or next.