What is holding you back from competitive shooting?

Dobermann

WKR
My plan is a T1x, bravo and a swfa 10 for 22 matches on a budget.

I can’t justify 4 grand for a 22.

I’d like to try some 22 matches as they are a little more local but need to talk the boss into letting me buy another rifle.
My T1X is in a Bravo, and handles well.

Thinking about a Bushnell DMR III for a modest-budget option, which still has low parallax ...

prm

WKR
My plan is a T1x, bravo and a swfa 10 for 22 matches on a budget.

How is the SWFA 10X for a 22LR? Seems with the parallax adjustment that would be the easy button. Based on a quick reading NRL22 targets are typically <100yds, never >200yds. 200yds in any wind with a 22LR would be sporty. In a good way!

Also, any reason to not get a 12X? I only ask because they are available.

parshal

WKR
Our NRL22 matches usually add a couple stages in addition to the monthly COF and have targets over 250. The NRL22x matches have targets way, way out there.

Reactions: prm

Lawnboi

WKR
How is the SWFA 10X for a 22LR? Seems with the parallax adjustment that would be the easy button. Based on a quick reading NRL22 targets are typically <100yds, never >200yds. 200yds in any wind with a 22LR would be sporty. In a good way!

Also, any reason to not get a 12X? I only ask because they are available.
Iv had the swfa on a 17hmr but not a 22 yet. Right now it’s on a custom centerfire.

I can’t help with if it’s enough or not, I don’t have any experience with 22 matches. But I can say that for centerfire I usually am shooting in the teens for magnification out to 1000 just for target acquisition. So I don’t think I’d do more powder for sub 200 yard shooting.

Axlrod

WKR
Over the past 30 years I have or still do shoot Trap, Metallic silhouette (Centerfire & rimfire rifle), High power, PRS, various pistol matches, Offhand rimfire rifle, Archery paper & 3d. And some I probably forgot.

After I took up trap shooting in the mid 90's, my pheasant and goose hunting ability was improved substantially. For me all the shooting competition definitely helps. But I grew up with my dad pushing speed and accuracy from a very young age. He was a combat vet and later a shooting instructor in several branches of military.

I still shoot trap league, archery league, Rimfire off hand and silhouette. Would like to see NRL here or close by. Currently our range is run by black powder cartridge rifle guys, so we have a lot of those shoots, and it isn't for me.