What happened to Vortex?

Every time I read a thread on Vortex optics the one recurring theme is, amazing customer service. If you want that buy Vortex. I would prefer to buy and use optics that work well...Optically and last so I do not need customer service. I personally think the business model is built around charging higher prices for product as a replacement is priced in to cover for the warranty.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have a Remington 700 sps 308 that has a vortex PST (I forget the magnification power) that was installed and used heavily back in ~ 2010. When I moved, that rifle was left with my dad who shot it quite a bit and drove around with it in his truck on his farm and it went through several different home moves etc.

My dad claims he never adjusted it. Next time I’m down there, I’m really interested to pull it out and take it to the range to see how it is. I havnt had hands on that gun for ~ 12 years now and apparently dad still had 1k rounds of federal gold match ammo that I left with that rifle.

That rifle was my first money pit, started life as a basic Remington 700sps, I put it in an hs precision stock, bedded it myself, put a jewel trigger in it, did all sorts of random stuff to it back when I was poor. Put a rail on it and saved for that vortex pst. I shot it at local competitions and shot coyotes with it.

Again, looking forward to pulling it out and seeing if the scope still shoots where it’s pointed.

williaada

WKR
Was in WY on an elk hunt, and between my son and I we misplaced my range finder. Went to the nearest sporting good store and purchased a 1800 vortex range finder. The range finder could not range at 500yrds my old range finder could. Took the vortex the next day.

milljaco

FNG
I’ve run vortex for a long time with no issues. Taken them deep into the backcountry strapped to a pack and on horseback with no trouble with their razor scope and shot deer and elk after beating them around and never had to rezero. It feels like I must be an outlier with all the negatives in this thread. My daughter uses a pair of their 10x42 Diamondbacks as well and they have been good glass for the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk