What food and drinks local to your area?

Btaylor

WKR
Kansas City is obviously the BBQ capital of the world. But lots of other places cook it and everyone has their own spin so it's not exactly a novelty.

Rural Kansans enjoy making bierocks in the fall/winter. They're like meat filled dinner rolls. In Nebraska they have runzas which are basically the same thing but with completely irrelevant college football.

Boulevard Brewery pumps out the beer, although I am still bitter they discontinued their 80-Acre hoppy wheat beer. My brother in law is probably on a watch list for angry messages he sent their IG page over it.
Memphis would argue about the BBQ title. Q39 and Slaps in KC will stand up against any que anywhere in the country. The AR and MS delta region has, imo, the highest avg consistency in good to great que. It is normally just found in dives that city folks would be scared to eat in.

Memphis would argue about the BBQ title.

Well Jerusalem is split into 4 quarters, with 4 different groups of people thinking theirs in the best. I don't really know what to tell you. My God tells me KC BBQ is king and He hasn't been wrong yet. Anyone is welcome to form an army and march here and do righteous battle in the name of cuisine superiority. ;)

Btaylor

WKR
Well Jerusalem is split into 4 quarters, with 4 different groups of people thinking theirs in the best. I don't really know what to tell you. My God tells me KC BBQ is king and He hasn't been wrong yet. Anyone is welcome to form an army and march here and do righteous battle in the name of cuisine superiority. ;)
I will concede brisket and burnt ends. Pork ribs and butts, well bless your heart, you have every right to be wrong.:cool:

Think the BBQ store would lend a couple rigs and let us make smoke in the parking lot?;)

Worst places for food that I’ve been stationed:

Boston Mass: “boiled dinner” and “scrod.” They brag about lobster rolls which are nothing but lobster meat swimming in mayonnaise in a cheap hotdog bun split down the top.

Dayton Ohio: Skyline Chili will serve you the blandest chili you’ve ever tasted.

Drenalin

WKR
We have our own soda, Dr. Enuf, only sold in this little pocket of the world.

Still some old timers around that like squirrel brains, but I don't think that's necessarily regional.

Reactions: NB7

dpat

FNG
Dayton Ohio: Skyline Chili will serve you the blandest chili you’ve ever tasted.
Take that back! I went to school in Cincinnati and a Skyline 3 way with hot sauce and cheese coney or 2 is some good stuff even better after a night of drinking

Memphis would argue about the BBQ title. Q39 and Slaps in KC will stand up against any que anywhere in the country. The AR and MS delta region has, imo, the highest avg consistency in good to great que. It is normally just found in dives that city folks would be scared to eat in.
You are right about the dives in the Delta. I’m an Arkansas boy and I grew on on Craig Bros in Devall’s Bluff and Jone’s in Marianna. Both are the epitome of dives but BBQ just doesn’t get any better.
I would recommend spending some time in south LA before hammering that stake in the ground.
south LA has both cheeses, hog head and turkey. Lol