What food and drinks local to your area?

Btaylor

WKR
You have been around if you even know about the pie shop. She passed away a couple years ago. I think some of the family is still making pies though. Where are you from? I grew up around Cotton Plant and Des Arc but graduated from Searcy. I’m down in Golden Meadow LA working for the time being.
Grew up in West Memphis but in Little Rock now. There was a really good po'boy place in Golden Meadow back a good many years ago. Dont remember the name of it though. I'm sure there are still a few good choices there. IIRC, there was also a little dive place in an old house that had awesome food. Seems like that place was in GM but like I said it has been a good while. The catfish place in Des Arc on the river used to be good. Guess it's still there. Another of those spots I havent been too in a long time.

Btaylor

WKR
Bo, done spent months in LA. Venice specifically. Months. They do the 2nd best.
Absolutely nothing, nothing beats NM and and green Chile.
Totally different food. Bo, it's OK to like both. It's also OK to like one more than the other.
Coon ass food great. 84 year old New Mexico ladies food phenomenal.
Yeah I for sure aint hatin on the grub in NM. Wife and I travelled around out there a small bit a couple years ago and had some fine meals.

Sevens

WKR
Puvatitsa in Butte for xmas
My grandmother is from Butte and every Christmas makes us potica (Slovenian spelling of the same thing, as I understand it). Potica, pasties, and Slovenian blood sausage … love those things.

Lived in San Diego for awhile, really liked California Burritos and Carne Asada Fries. Had never heard of either of those despite having lived in California my whole life, very regional to San Diego despite the name.

Living in Texas, it is brisket here. Almost seems like it’s own type of meat, as in “do you want chicken, beef, or brisket?”

OP
G

Grumman

WKR
Kentucky also has great country hams. Red-eye gravy pairs well with mashed taters as you’ll hear it pronounced.

Can’t forget biscuits and gravy for breakfast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lamarclark09

Lil-Rokslider
My friend went to Idaho a couple months back and he kept telling us about the great finger steaks he had there. I low-key wanna try that too now.

rayporter

WKR
about half way between memphis and little rocks and 10 miles north of the freeway, smack in the middle of a rice field it a place called the Cajun express. best crawdads around this area.

Tourguide

Lil-Rokslider
Vernors ginger ale, better made potatoe chips, Detroit icons, could probably include faygo pop too.

def90

WKR
Colorado.. I don't think we have anything specific to Colorado..

We do have Rio Grande margaritas though!

IMG_20221231_155454687.jpg