What food and drinks local to your area?

Grumman

WKR
My family likes to travel and we like to eat. It’s neat checking out the different regional foods across the US. For example we never had huckleberry until we visited Montana. Conecuh sausage in Alabama is the best I’ve had. What are some regional foods local to you that are a can’t miss?

For where I live in Ky I highly recommend Ale8 soft drinks. A citrus ginger soft drink local to Eastern KY thats best in the green glass bottle.

Gliers Goetta in northern Ky is also really good. It’s pork sausage mixed with steel cut oats and spices. Sold in rolls just like regular pork sausage. Seems like it’s always hard to get.

Of course we got bourbon too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NRA4LIFE

WKR
Where I'm originally from, beer, brats and old-fashions (the REAL way with brandy). Now? Dungeness crab, salmon, halibut, clam chowder, or anything seafood, the best in the nation.

If you ever travel through the Oregon coast, you will not have to wonder what OUR regional food is, 80% of the restaurants say “world’s best clam chowder!” Under the name… I expect those words to be on the Taco Bell sign in the next 5 years

OP
G

Grumman

WKR
From your northern neighbor in WV ramps brown beans fried potatoes and bacon. Maybe finished off with one of your fine bourbons.

I’m in WV this week for work. Never even heard of ramps had to Google it. I like all those things so I’ll have to give it a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
G

Grumman

WKR
Fry sauce and it’s gross. Jello with vegetables in it. It’s also gross.

Where you from? Fry sauce is spreading out. First time I saw it was a Dairy Queen in Wyoming. Freddy’s fast food chains has it in the Midwest now.

Vegetables in Jello does sound nasty.

CorbLand

WKR
Where you from? Fry sauce is spreading out. First time I saw it was a Dairy Queen in Wyoming. Freddy’s fast food chains has it in the Midwest now.

Vegetables in Jello does sound nasty.

Originally SE Idaho. Now, Northern Utah.

My family likes to travel and we like to eat. It’s neat checking out the different regional foods across the US. For example we never had huckleberry until we visited Montana. Conecuh sausage in Alabama is the best I’ve had. What are some regional foods local to you that are a can’t miss?

For where I live in Ky I highly recommend Ale8 soft drinks. A citrus ginger soft drink local to Eastern KY thats best in the green glass bottle.

Gliers Goetta in northern Ky is also really good. It’s pork sausage mixed with steel cut oats and spices. Sold in rolls just like regular pork sausage. Seems like it’s always hard to get.

Of course we got bourbon too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
When my daughter and sil were stationed in Alabama, they brought some Conecuh back to Idaho. Hands down , best sausage I’ve had.

LoggerDan

WKR
Arkansas-Watermelon! Catfish, fried okra, succotash
Washington- Kings and Silvers
Alaska- moose and muktuk from my woman’s village.

Next year maybe I can go whale hunting with them, work allowing.

whale chowder isn’t too bad.

If you’re ever in the Texas hill country or south Texas region, have you some parisa. One of the best things in life when it comes to eats.

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
In German and Ukrainian country in ND: knoephla soup, brats, cheese buttons aka perogies, and borscht soup.

In Norwegian country, lutefisk (only if you're of especially stout constitution) and lefsa.

All are available in grocery stores.