What food and drinks local to your area?

Low country boils, any kind of perlo, and chicken biscuits. Almost forgot tea so sweet you can stand a spoon up in it.

sram9102

WKR
Sugarcream pies and Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches the size of pie pans are staples around Indiana.

ScottRK

Lil-Rokslider
best in the green glass bottle
I’d take home a couple packs every time I worked down there.

Old fashioned cream pies and shredded chicken sandwiches at carry in dinners etc were pretty popular where I grew up.

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
Since your in Kentucky, drive through West Virginia and get some West Virginia Hot Dogs and pepperoni rolls and continue into Highland County Virginia where I live and attend the Maple Festival and grab some Maple Syrup, while your at the festival try the buckwheat pancakes with syrup and the maple donuts

Since your in Kentucky, drive through West Virginia and get some West Virginia Hot Dogs and pepperoni rolls and continue into Highland County Virginia where I live and attend the Maple Festival and grab some Maple Syrup, while your at the festival try the buckwheat pancakes with syrup and the maple donuts
You don't need to drive thru to get a good hot dog..You can call Stewart's, place an order and they will flash freeze and ship them to you...

Gman12

Lil-Rokslider
In my part of Virginia, it's peanuts and country ham. Collard greens and fresh seafood are popular as well. All good stuff.
We import our bourbon from Kentucky.

In German and Ukrainian country in ND: knoephla soup, brats, cheese buttons aka perogies, and borscht soup.

In Norwegian country, lutefisk (only if you're of especially stout constitution) and lefsa.

All are available in grocery stores.
the Fleischkuechle that i used to always get at the Buckskin in Killdeer was phenomenal!!!

WKR
Wyoming Whiskey. I tried it once and didn't like it. Reckon I'm just not a connoisseur.

Also, "calf fries" aka Rocky Mountain Oysters. This has got to be our version of chitlins. People seem to want to try them once for the novelty of it.

Last edited:

Phaseolus

WKR
In Western Colorado it’s Palisade Peaches and Olathe Sweet sweet corn. We grow some pretty great chile as well.