What FL to buy

Received a $240 gift card from First Lite instead of a cash refund.

Good on base layers. What else is worth the $ out of their stuff.

OP
H
Tons of ruffed grouse/ pheasant in MN Sep-Dec.

Rifle Whitetail in MN and WI (the whole of November).

Spring turkey in MN and WI. Have hunted 16 degrees to over 80.

Could use a new set of rain gear but would rather buy something that works well rather than a what I have a deal on.

Could use layering pieces I guess. Was looking at the Sitka kelvin vest as an example. Currently rock generic fleece for that. Better if it has a good camo pattern for turkey

hwy1strat

WKR
I really like the sawtooth jacket. It's a sweet layer if you are running around with a pack on. I also really like their sawbuck brush pants for upland bird hunting. I tend to have issues with pants fitting correctly but first lite pants fit me great. And finally, one of my favorite pieces of gear is their brimmed merino beanie. I can't wear a beanie without a brim now haha

Poser

WKR
The sawtooth has become a standard for me. I really like the strategic insulation for wearing a pack.

Kayl

FNG
It's OOS in most sizes, but I picked up their Source Jacket and absolutely love it so far. I hope they expand the Source line to include a vest and maybe even pants. Solids would be nice too for casual wear.

I have the Sawtooth vest and it's great; I assume the jacket would be more of the same too.

OH_Tony

FNG
just a heads up, your gift card will go a lot further on Nov 15. Big sale.
The sale is available now if you're an OnX Elite member.

uncomphagre top/bottom rocks.....
I second this. Aside from baselayers both these pieces are awesome.

If you are stand hunting whitetails, I do enjoy my Sanctuary bibs. I don't need them all the time here in the midwest but when I do need them I am glad I have them.

Klamath hoodie is another I get a lot of use out of.

Carpet Capital Shyster

Lil-Rokslider
Received a $240 gift card from First Lite instead of a cash refund.

Good on base layers. What else is worth the $ out of their stuff.
I’m an OnX member and evidently because of that, I have early access to a firstlite sale that I expect will be open to the public soon. They have a ton of good stuff marked down 30-40 percent off. Personally I really like the Uncompaghre jacket. It’s my go to for cold weather, but I live in the south, so cold to me is 20’s and 30’s. It’s kept me comfortable down in that type of weather while stand hunting with a firstlite kiln base layer. I don’t see a lot of love for the firstlite vapor jacket but I like it as a light packable raincoat. It’s always kept me dry. I have a really nice, heavy duty kuiu Chugach but almost every time I am backpacking or hiking and the weather is not calling for a complete hurricane, the FL Vapor goes in the pack. I’ve been happy with their obsidian pants for hunting in cooler weather.

Tons of ruffed grouse/ pheasant in MN Sep-Dec.

Rifle Whitetail in MN and WI (the whole of November).

Spring turkey in MN and WI. Have hunted 16 degrees to over 80.

Could use a new set of rain gear but would rather buy something that works well rather than a what I have a deal on.

Could use layering pieces I guess. Was looking at the Sitka kelvin vest as an example. Currently rock generic fleece for that. Better if it has a good camo pattern for turkey
I live and hunt in MN, too. I love my Corrugate Foundrys for spring turkey and early season bow. The Sanctuary 2.0's are my go-to for later in the season if you are sitting in a stand., but now that the Solitudes have a wind-stopping layer, those might be a nice option, too.

I have the Ridgeline 1/4 zip.

When it arrived, I was a little bit disappointed in how thin/light it is in hand.

Now, I love it. Packs down tiny, sheds a mist great, breaks wind. A super versatile mid layer or light shell. I wear it all the time. Hunting, hiking, fishing, even casual wear.

OP
H
Thanks for pointing out the OnX sale.

I ended up going with their Klamath quarter zip for layering (don’t need a hood on everything), a pair of merino gloves and the uncompahgre jacket.

The latter I figured that latter might come in handy to stuff in my vest on cold run and gun turkey days.

Still would rather have had cash back…

OP
H
It's OOS in most sizes, but I picked up their Source Jacket and absolutely love it so far. I hope they expand the Source line to include a vest and maybe even pants. Solids would be nice too for casual wear.

I have the Sawtooth vest and it's great; I assume the jacket would be more of the same too.

I would have bought the source jacket if it were in stock .

Looked hard at the sawtooth vest but think I am going to pick up a Sitka aero lite vest instead.

For whitetail I usually am hiking in a little under a mile in baselayers (and a vest of it is really cold). I strap my big blaze jacket/bibs to my badlands ultra day pack and stuff any additional mid layers into the pack. Anyway, I’m going the Sitka rout for packability in my little daypack.

Btw and randomly. I think the badlands Diablo is a a similar design with a light frame and nice big straps to haul excess clothing. Works great and now that they don’t make the ultra day I wish I had bought 2. It lets you get away with a small pack and carry lots of stuff bulky stuff. I often carry a full sized folding chair and my deer suit on the straps for walking miles followed by extended sits in the Pine barrens of NW Wisconsin where being in a stand is not possible. Good stuff

ChrisAU

WKR
I have the Ridgeline 1/4 zip.

When it arrived, I was a little bit disappointed in how thin/light it is in hand.

Now, I love it. Packs down tiny, sheds a mist great, breaks wind. A super versatile mid layer or light shell. I wear it all the time. Hunting, hiking, fishing, even casual wear.

I've almost bought one a few times. Do they really buck wind well? I have a Sitka mountain jacket for that purpose, and I while I like the full zip of the Sitka piece, I'd like the less oz of the Ridgeline too.

Tingrao

FNG
It sounds like you already made you choice but for others reading this thread in the future I have really loved my catalyst jacket over last 2 seasons. It’s works well with layering and is the just right fit for me on early season deer, Oct Elk in Colorado, and as concealment (sic?) for duck hunting.

I've almost bought one a few times. Do they really buck wind well? I have a Sitka mountain jacket for that purpose, and I while I like the full zip of the Sitka piece, I'd like the less oz of the Ridgeline too.
They really do.

Not quite as much as a good softshell. But close.

I was shocked by it.

I have tons of FL gear. I bought some Catalyst Foundry pants last year. They’re bombproof. Money well spent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk