What do You Sing on the Hike Out?

LoggerDan

WKR
Jeremiah’s Theme “the way that you wander….”

How Great Thou Art

Mississippi Kid

Under the Boardwalk

Head like a Hole

Usually along the lines for a pack out “why the }}#% did I do this”, I hate my ***%^# life! And a catch phrase after dark “please there be no grizzly”

The Guide

WKR
My dad was a lazy hunter. He would send me on hikes to "go check this place out and and I'll wait in the truck and see if you push anything out to me..." He was also born in '34 and was 42 when i was born so he was ariund 54 when i started hunting. I always wondered how, when I was 2+ miles away from the damn truck trying to figure out where I was and where I was supposed to be, I was going to push something to him. But anyways, it made me learn how to figure out land navigation at a young age. I didn't sing as much, not out loud, but in my mind I had a chanting mantra that kept me going. It was never the same. Might have been happy or might have been angry but it kept me motivated enough to keep my feet moving.

Now, when I hunt with my kids, the hike out is used for talking about the hunt and what went right or wrong. Talking about life and school. It is amazing what they will tell you when you are working hard together to get a mutually desired outcome.

Jay

Swamp Fox

WKR
My pack is heavy,
My belt is tight.
My balls are swinging
From left to right ...

There are others, but that's the one that leads them off ... LOL

+++

OP: This would be a good question to ask a potential hunting partner.

If he answers, "I Don't Like Spiders And Snakes" by Jim Stafford, and can do the falsetto, either cut him loose --- or buy him a beer and pull out your maps if you sense the High Irony Factor.

Breddoch

Lil-Rokslider
I had an Alaskan guide tell me once that he would have his groups of hunters sing on their way in and out of camp so they wouldn’t surprise a bear. He said no matter how it started it always ended with “Jingle Bells”. He said that is the only song that all grown men know the words to.

I had an Alaskan guide tell me once that he would have his groups of hunters sing on their way in and out of camp so they wouldn’t surprise a bear. He said no matter how it started it always ended with “Jingle Bells”. He said that is the only song that all grown men know the words to.
Lmao... Now that you mention it I've definitely gone to Jingle Bells and other Christmas tunes. I tend to change the words to random stupidness but keep the tune.

Seeknelk

WKR
My kids about jumped out of there shoes last Saturday. On a long hike out of the Missions I started Bob Seger's..." JUST TAKE THOSE OLD RECORDS OFF THE SHELF!' I'LL SIT AND LISTEN TO EM BY MYSELF!" .....
I think they'd have preferred running into a griz instead. And I was too light headed after a few verses to keep it going anyway.🤣

Take this job and shove it
Love hurts
Life is a highway
Usually whatever I heard that had any relevance on the way out in the morning. But not to loud just enough to occupy the brain and calm the nerves.

"If you go down in the woods today,
You're sure of a big surprise.
If you go down in the woods today,
You'd better go in disguise.
For every bear that ever there was
Will gather there together because
Today's the day the teddy bears have their picnic."

Tedybear_picnic.jpeg

I love this thread!
Seriously, this is what I sing on dark solo pack outs.

Two songs that always get sung on a loop in my head and out loud while packing crap around are
Get Off on the Pain - Gary Allen
Making It - Bishop Gunn

Meshnasty

Lil-Rokslider
If you have little kids, whatever you do, under no circumstances think about any toddler songs. Those propaganda songs are catchy af and will ruin your day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
100% agreed.

While I don’t sing out loud, I typically have some disney tune stuck in my head and I’ll often remix it into something related to what I’m doing. “Show Yourself” from Frozen 2 gets the job done regularly for me.

ez_willie

WKR
ITS A DAMN SHAME! Was the theme around our camp, especially with the amount of tags we didn’t fill. Damn Rich Men North of Richmond.

Cardi B’s WAP.

Just kidding I don’t sing, but I like this thread and may have to start singing something on the hikes out.