What did Santa bring you?

BDubbYuh

FNG
Santa was very good to me. I got a Garmin Fenix 5X I can't wait to learn how to use it because this seems to be the hot ticket for my workouts and the mapping for hunting and hiking. Some jeans a couple of sweaters and shirts.

My wife got a spin bike, LL Bean slippers and a coat.

Despite how F'd up 2020 was, we were very blessed with no one getting sick and only our youngest losing his job but he is going into the Navy in February so we will cover for him.
I have the 5x plus and love it! Make sure you download the Connect IQ, Connect, and Explore apps on your phone.

JRPrev

FNG
Kuiu Axis Hybrid pants and jacket! I think the wife was browsing my search history . Kuiu stuff fits snug....May need to return for a larger size, not sure yet though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

rbljack

WKR
We bought a hog trap back in Nov and started working on thinning them out. Fifth hog was trapped on 23 December. wife told me to hold off on the grinding until after Christmas. Turns out...I got a new electric sausage stuffer and the large freezer paper holder. So...yesterday, we made 35 pounds of Legs #10 sausage and packaged them up in the plastic 2 gallon bags using the sausage stuffer. The electric sausage stuffer is SO nice. We have done it with only the grinder in the past, and although it does work, its a 2 person operation and slow to get completed. There is another piece of equipment to clean up now, but I think even with that we saved a bunch of time. I didn't need the paper/holder yet, but that will be used on the next deer we get....4 doe tags left (she filled her buck tag a few weeks ago and got a decent 8 point). Now...if I just had the space to create a processing area in my shed or garage...hmmmm.

ThisIsMyHandle

Lil-Rokslider
0967b09b3eab7af59e62b4df7146f3dd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the 5x plus and love it! Make sure you download the Connect IQ, Connect, and Explore apps on your phone.

I just downloaded the explore which I assume is the maps. I have noticed two things that are wrong. I live at sea level and get tidal flooding into my street a minimum of a few times a month but the altitude says I am at about 400 vs more likely 2. Also the stairs say climbing is two more than going down which is impossible since my house is raised so they should be equal. Any idea how to fix that?

Last edited:

BDubbYuh

FNG
I just downloaded the explore which I assume is the maps. I have noticed two things that are wrong. I live at sea level and get tidal flooding into my street a minimum of a few times a month but the altitude says I am at about 400 vs more likely 2. Also the stairs say climbing is two more than going down which is impossible since my house is raised so they should be equal. Any idea how to fix that?

I don't, sorry. I would contact Garmin if I were you. There may be a way to calibrate it.

Assuming this is a fenix watch... go to menu (hold middle left button) > sensors and accessories > altimeter > calibrate.

You can also set it up so the altimeter auto calibrates during an activity (e.g. running or hiking).