What buck are you taking?

TaperPin

WKR
Take away the velvet and they go from DD cups to a D. The first deer going away isn’t real wide or deep in the forks - going away always looks bigger than it is and that takes it down to a big C cup. Mass isn’t great underneath that summer hat - his high school buddies call him pencil pecker for a reason - let that poor thing eat a sandwich and grow a year.

The other deer doesn’t make me salivate and get a knot in the stomach, so I’ll let my buddy shoot and I’ll hold out for a few more days. Lol

Big west

FNG
I took a friend (a newb hunter) into one of my honey holes and put him on 3 bucks in the same spot. One was a nice 4x4. Theye were feeding in their bedding spot. So they were up and down ans moving inconsistently. This would be his first buck. One was a very big forky, the other a 3x3, and the big 4x4. I asked him which one he wants to take. His respobse was literallt words of wisdom. He said " the one that presents the best shot".

Obviously the top buck is wgat I consider the better buck. But both are good bucks. Sometimes waiting for a shot on the one you want costs you both bucks. On my example above, I've hunted that particular spot several times, and taken several bucks there. However, I have also waited for the particular buck I wanted to present a good shot opportunity to have all the bucks slide out of the spot.

In short, I'd prefer the top buck, but I'd be gappt with either.