What arrows?

mc1119

Lil-Rokslider
Need help understanding how to choose the right arrow.

I have a 29.5/70 Mathews Vertix. I can't seem to decide what arrow for this setup for hunting.

On my Z7(same DL and DW) I had maxima blue 350 but not sure I like them.

What help can someone provide me here on arrows for my Vertix?

Thanks in advance

dkime

WKR
Need help understanding how to choose the right arrow.

I have a 29.5/70 Mathews Vertix. I can't seem to decide what arrow for this setup for hunting.

On my Z7(same DL and DW) I had maxima blue 350 but not sure I like them.

What help can someone provide me here on arrows for my Vertix?

Thanks in advance

What are you planning on hunting with your Vertix? Maxima blue 350s May be a little weak but they would be moving pretty fast out of that setup.

Most people on here will probably recommend a 300 spine arrow, cut around your DL. That finishes between 450-550gr. But there’s a lot of variables at play here, lots of good arrow companies in the world today, makes it nice to be a bow hunter with options

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BowhuntingBrune3

Lil-Rokslider
Just my two cents, take it with a grain of salt, but I would say that you would need to go an arrow that is at least a 300 spine, at that draw length maybe a 250 even. I shoot a Mathews Chill X 28.5 at 71 lbs and shoot black eagle rampage arrows 250 spine with a 125g head and it hits hard and flys true imo. They weigh in at about 520 grains.

OP
M

mc1119

Lil-Rokslider
Traditional or blazer fletching? Not sure i'm sold on the blazers...thoughts?

dkime

WKR
What do you mean by traditional?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are so many variables.

What do you intend to hunt?

Do you have a speed (FPS) goal?

How much weight do you want up front?

Micro diameter or standard?

Fletching yourself or buying?

Lighted nocks?

My buddy has a vertix running it at 75lbs and 29 inch draw. We tuned his 28 inch ctc arrows with 300 spine and 125 grains up front.

You could probably go up to 250 spine depending on how much point weight you will have but could easily tune a 300 spine.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

OP
M

mc1119

Lil-Rokslider
There are so many variables.

What do you intend to hunt?

Do you have a speed (FPS) goal?

How much weight do you want up front?

Micro diameter or standard?

Fletching yourself or buying?

Lighted nocks?

My buddy has a vertix running it at 75lbs and 29 inch draw. We tuned his 28 inch ctc arrows with 300 spine and 125 grains up front.

You could probably go up to 250 spine depending on how much point weight you will have but could easily tune a 300 spine.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

What do you intend to hunt? Whitetail, possibly mule deer

Do you have a speed (FPS) goal? I don't have an intended goal in mind no.

How much weight do you want up front? I plan to use 100 or 125g broad heads, do i need more weight up front?

Micro diameter or standard? I'm not familiar with this, sorry.

Fletching yourself or buying? I have the ability to fletch myself but would rather purchase pre-fletched.

Lighted nocks? Lighted nocks, yes.

dkime

WKR
What do you intend to hunt? Whitetail, possibly mule deer

Do you have a speed (FPS) goal? I don't have an intended goal in mind no.

How much weight do you want up front? I plan to use 100 or 125g broad heads, do i need more weight up front?

Micro diameter or standard? I'm not familiar with this, sorry.

Fletching yourself or buying? I have the ability to fletch myself but would rather purchase pre-fletched.

Lighted nocks? Lighted nocks, yes.

Look for any 300 spine with a standard insert up to a moderately weighted (50gr) outsert system if it tickles your fancy. Have them cut at 29 inches. Run your 100gr broadhead option (probably have to play with arrow length if you want 125s and an outsert system) Pick up shafts that are prefletched is going to basically limit you to blazers if you're buying from a box store, most online retailers will offer different fletching options, for now just get which ones you think look the coolest. Pick up some nocturnals and go shoot. My guess is your arrow weight will end up in the range I listed earlier. Plenty of good options. GT Prohunters, Kinetics, Easton Axis and FMJ, Day Six HDs if you want a heavier option, all the higher end of a price point, Plenty of options to spend less as well.