Arrows always tearing weak

branw33

FNG
I just got a Hoyt satori and cannot for the life of me get my bare shaft arrows to stiffen.
Bow specs: 62” 45# 29” draw.
No matter what I do, my arrows always tear weak.
I want to shoot a 200g broadhead, so far I’ve tried arrows from 500 to 340 spine, cut from 32 to 29.5” virtually no increase in appeared stiffness no matter how much I cut off the arrow.
I’ve tried limb alignment, tiller, center shot, even a 150g point.
Still weak.
What am I missing?
Thanks for the help!

What are barrshafts saying at 15 or 20 yards?

It could be your release is causing the tear, I don't have a clean release, it's gotten pretty rusted up at this point. I use DW to help, but that's not a very good fix.

Try comparing fletched to bareshaft.

OP
B

branw33

FNG
What are barrshafts saying at 15 or 20 yards?

It could be your release is causing the tear, I don't have a clean release, it's gotten pretty rusted up at this point. I use DW to help, but that's not a very good fix.

Try comparing fletched to bareshaft.
Roughly 25-30 degrees to the left at 15 yards. Fletched arrows are flying perfectly fine. Maybe it’s a non issue then?
I just got a new finger tab today, so maybe that will help.

Are you shooting more than one arrow? Could be nock tune related, if not I 2nd torque / hand placement, this could also be related to draw length. I played with a similar issue last year.

Make 3 columns on your paper, in the middle shoot a few arrows with your default grip. On the left try consciously over griping the bow, under expanding arms, pressuring left edge of grip. On the right try super loose grip, consciously over pushing and expanding arms, pressuring the right side of grip.