What arrows are you shooting...not weight but brand

300 BE rampage currently, going to get a half dozen of the 4mm and new 5mm day 6 to fletch up soon and go from there, have plenty of rampages if I don’t like the day 6, but want to try something else and get back into a more durable shaft

Probably end back up with axis match, but I’m intrigued by the new day 6 components, and the consistency is sounding possibly better than BE which is crazy

Gold Tip Pierce Platinum 250’s with Ethics steel insert / outsert finished at about 540 grs. Love this setup with a fixed blade (flying about 290 fps from my 80# Insanity @ 30”)

I shot gold tip for a long time. They were great never had an issue. When I bought my new bow last year the shop set me up with Easton axis. I have not had any issue with them either.

Easton, because that’s what the pro shop had when I got my bow set up. Certainly have never bought a brand because so and so shoots, like some are obsessed with. I’ll never forget working on a job in Idaho, many years ago, with a local, and we were talking about the elk he just killed, and he routinely got an elk every year. He showed me his bow, and there were not 2 arrows in his quiver, that were the same.

Black Eagle Rampage with FOCOS system. AAE max stealth vanes, 100g heads. Total arrow weight 474g.

Sirius Apollos 250- toughest arrow I’ve ever shot. IW HIT inserts and collars. Going to try Sirius’s Gemini line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have shot Gold tip Hunters for years. I dont by the Pros but the Hunter XTs.
I have never really had an issue with them at all and have been able to get almost a full doz to spin true and build good when I am done.
Next year would like to try some other arrows and would like to see which ones you all would suggest.
Would like to try something in a smaller dia arrow but not really sure which ones to try or use.
I know with the smaller dia arrows there is a little bit of a building learning curve somewhat compared to what I have been using jsut because of the components.
So what arrow and components are you all using.

Element Storm shafts for the last 4 seasons. Tough shafts, come with Ethics and I've just been crazy impressed with the durability considering the shaft GPI.

Similar to the Black Eagle X-Impact

Victory VAP. Been shooting them for 15+ years, and never had a problem other than their old aluminum half-outserts. They have since pretty well taken care of that problem. I shoot short arrows, so buy the cheapest VAP's I can find (usually "gamer",006), then cut an inch of nock end, cut the rest off point end. End up with a .001 straightness, and a damn tough arrow.

Easton classic hunter. Basic, but i can reliably buy them in town ready to go and ive been getting into archery so i wanted cheaper arrows so when i lose / break them shooting in the woods i just buy more. I know its cheaper than a box of rifle ammo but loosing expensive arrows made me just want to shoot easy targets at the range. I like the Axis and Id like to be shooting the skinny shafts but i feel like i have more improvement to make in my skills than in buying better arrows to break in a tree.

I too bought 2 dozen Bloodsport Judgements off Camofire for TAC. .001 straightness.

we shall see as they are being delivered tomorrow.

Back