what are you guys packing?? been reading the kifaru pack threads.

ozyclint

WKR
gday guys, i've been reading the various kifaru DT2 vs T2 etc threads that are on here recently since i'm after a lighter pack than i've got. just wondering what you guys are carrying? someone said their pack weighs 65lbs for 3-4 days. another says his buddy's T1 was stuffed full on a 10 day hunt.

just wondering what you are packing cause that sounds frightening to me.
my 5500ci pack weighed 62 pounds for a 13 day hunt in new zealand including recurve bow and 10 arrows and i was the heaviest in our party.

must be the crocs that everyone seems to carry....LOL

very curious that's all.

littlebuf

Banned
I'm at 57 pounds for 7 days.that includes bow,,food,tri pod and spotting scope.I'm pretty happy with that

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I run about 50-55 pounds for everything for 7 days. Weight changes a litte depending on time of year and clothing I take.

im at about 53lbs for 4 days. would like to get that lower, thats everything hanging from my shoulders including rifle. my wifes is around 45.

I could be at 50 pounds for 4 - 5 days but I am at 75 pounds for 10 days in the wet state of Washington. 20 pounds of that is food and 18 pounds are clothes. Also toting a GoLite Shangri La 5 with stove jack and Kifaru small stove plus a seek outside nest inside for uber backcountry comfort. I am carrying the shelter for myself and my dad. I need him fresh for packing meat. :)

clint,

One thing to keep in mind, which might explain a lot, is that the folks whose packs weigh less very likely have 1) less stuff in them since they have pared it down to the bare essentials, 2) their gear itself weighs less since they have spent the money to get ultralight gear. This also affects the size of the pack they use or need since lighter stuff often takes up less room or they use down instead of fleece since it is warmer and compresses more.

larry

swat8888

WKR
I buy my pack based on what I plan on carrying out in it, not what I stroll around with. 10 day hunt I had 52lbs in my pack, not counting water or anything that was hanging from me....binos, rangefinder, trekking poles.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
My pack weight changes a lot depending on the hunt. The 2nd sheep hunt of the season I was around 65 lbs pounds going in 16 miles planned for 7 days. This last sheep hunt I just got back from it was right at 40 pounds for 6 days and we left the truck with snow on the ground and camping in 3-4" of snow. Who you are hunting with, where, when, and what you are hunting cause pack weights to change dramatically. I wouldn't get too much wrapped up around the total weight IMO, just take what you know you need and get out the door and hunt.