Backcountry Pack Weight? Kifaru Packs

GodSpeed1

Lil-Rokslider
Hello all,
I'm just wondering the ballpark weight of your hunting pack is for spike camp style backcountry hunting. Mine comes in at about 40 pounds & I feel that I am only bringing items that you absolutely need. Not packing in the big spotter etc. I'm also wondering which Kifaru pack you may use for hunting & how do you like it? Just seems like these packs are really solid from what I've seen. Appreciate you guys

I usually go in for up to two weeks (12 to 14 days) at a time, so I'm heavier than what other people carry. Mine comes in at about 80 lbs.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
My total gear weight (clothes on my back, watch on my wrist, rifle, ammo, everything, also called FSO for From Skin Out) comes in at about 50 to 60 pounds for 7 says depending on weather and if I feel the need to add 3.5 pounds of revolver to my kit. Pack weight is pretty vague and can mean lots of things to lots of people.

I don't use Kifaru packs, so I have no answer there.

Most late august through September backpack hunts 7ish days my pack weighs 35-40lbs. Food is around 1.5lb per day. So exact amount of days makes a difference. I can get some colder weather rain/snow after the middle of September so it can get a little heavier after that.

When I discuss pack weight, I am referring to the weight of my backpack with everything loaded in it for the hike out hanging from a scale.

The Kifaru frame with them Mountain warrior bag, and a guide lid was my favorite Kifaru setup

I like the exo k4 frame and suspension a little better, haven’t used it enuff to know if I like the bag better