Choosing a Dog

I would be very interested in hearing your thoughts when training is complete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just got her back today. She regressed pretty hard, at two weeks he was worried she wasn't going to get past it. By end of last week she was sticking birds, holding to flush and shot. Ended up being the best dog of her class. But he's going to take her back for a couple weeks because he didn't feel like he got everything accomplished he wanted to. We are leaving this coming Thursday for 10 days of grouse/woodcock hunting.

Just got her back today. She regressed pretty hard, at two weeks he was worried she wasn't going to get past it. By end of last week she was sticking birds, holding to flush and shot. Ended up being the best dog of her class. But he's going to take her back for a couple weeks because he didn't feel like he got everything accomplished he wanted to. We are leaving this coming Thursday for 10 days of grouse/woodcock hunting.

Good deal. What about in the home? Do you feel like it was worth the expense?

Good deal. What about in the home? Do you feel like it was worth the expense?
yes, she has calmed down some and is easier to control. That said she is still buck wild, BUT we were warned that she was going to be like this from day one. the breeder said she was probably one of the smartest pups he had breed but also one of the craziest ones as well.

The trainer is a good guy and friend now (has been really) and i think is straight up honest about how he feels about every dog he trains. Im not saying he is the best trainer out there and the way he does stuff doesnt work for everyone.

I will say that he strongly recommends that if the dog is to much to handle training the basic "home stuff" to send it to his business partner for 3 weeks for a more intense in home training situation.

Overall i think the training was worth it and will continue to help her overcome her short coming.