What a pack probably should not look like

MT_Wyatt

WKR
You must be anti-lid? I’ve hated most pack lids but that k4 has been best one.

What am I looking at here?

OP
Marbles

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
Is there a rifle in there somewhere? 🤔

Jay
No, 10 pounds of rifle and bino harness not included.
How many days of food?
You must be anti-lid? I’ve hated most pack lids but that k4 has been best one.
Had to save the 8 ounce, the K4 lid is nice though.
Are you already utilizing your load/meat shelf
Yes, 8 days of food in the bag, and 6 on the shelf.
I want a photo of your wearing it.
I'll try to stage one that looks good for you. (See below).
What am I looking at here?
Some of that will get left close to the trail head (climbing gear, 6 days of food, extra fuel), which will drop 25-30 pounds. I'm too much a wimp to pull out the 7200 bag and lug all that up.

Wyo_hntr

WKR
The backpack equivalent of the Clampett's car. Not saying you don't need that stuff, just a humorous observation.

COJoe

Lil-Rokslider
FE1BF74E-211B-4FBB-8D02-2E300FC70E8B_4_5005_c.jpeg

My first thought when I saw your pack, lol. But seriously, the one encouragement is to balance your load better which will help your back/hips sustain you better. Thanks for asking for help because others, myself included, can always use a tune up of our system.

TaperPin

WKR
Nice!

Our area has always had teenage city boys and girls on NOLS wilderness backpacking trips that are expected to carry 45% of their body weight for a month going from one end of the Wind River Range to the other - your weight doesn’t seem all that bad - heck throw a six pack on top for the hike out.

Looks like three ice tools? Really? Have you ever broken one? (maybe that's two hiking poles and one axe. can you get the selfarrest pole handles instead of the axe?)
Crampon covers gotta be worth a pound.
Figure out how to rapel and belay without that BD pot metal casting (whatever it's called, the one with the orange keeper sling), or the silver figure 8.
Auto-locking biners are super heavy for their function.
Your cord is too fat and too long. Mammut 8mm x 30m = 126 grams (instead of 4340 g for a 9.8mm x 70 m Sterling)
Think in terms of "racing rack".
The exterior strapon pockets ... packaging has weight.
All that shizzle that's inside the pack ... start with a smaller pack and you'll be less inclined to take so much.
You're welcome! ;)

14 days eh? Whats the plan? Where ya going?

Wrench

WKR
I like to have one petzl stop and a pulley. I can belay, repel and climb with it. Climbing is easy with the stop and a prussik....add in the pulley and you can double your climbing ability on the rope if you get that screwed. I'd be content with a couple biners and some cordage and knot knowledge. Cordage is a multi use tool.