Weirdest thing you have found while backpacking

I had hiked in to do some trout fishing and found two Polaroid photos laying on the ground. Looked at one and it was black with a tiny orange circle in the middle of it. The other picture was a makeshift looking coffin with a dead guy in it with his bloody arm hanging out. The wood box was laying in someone's living room. I reported it to the police and they had me and my buddy take them to the spot where we found them. They unleashed an armada of cops with dogs into the woods. Didn't hear much about it after that, but I didn't go back into that area fishing anymore afterwards. Spooky stuff for sure.

shaun

WKR
2 women skinny dipping in a high country lake. Needless to say my glassing technique changed!

LaGriz

WKR
My friend found a dead whitetail spike upright stuck in the croach of a split-trunk tree! Deer had been dead a while but was intact and coyotes had not found him yet.
This was in the big woods near Patton Maine.

So nothing we found was weird but what happened was really weird. Hunting with my buddy chad in colorado during the archery season. We were in the elk thick. A six point came threw with a group of cows and chad slips a arrow in the sweet spot. The elk runs off, done deal!! We follow the blood trail and on the ground was a arrow covered in blood that was not chads arrow. Looking around us wondering did somebody shoot this elk already..? Followed the blood to the dead elk and chads arrow was stuck in the bull with no other arrow marks or holes. Chads arrow was the one that killed the elk. The only thing we could think was that someone had shot a elk in the past the arrow was in the path of the bleeding bull that chad shot. 2.5 miles in the wilderness in the thickest dark timber you can think.. What are the odds.

7mag.

WKR
So nothing we found was weird but what happened was really weird. Hunting with my buddy chad in colorado during the archery season. We were in the elk thick. A six point came threw with a group of cows and chad slips a arrow in the sweet spot. The elk runs off, done deal!! We follow the blood trail and on the ground was a arrow covered in blood that was not chads arrow. Looking around us wondering did somebody shoot this elk already..? Followed the blood to the dead elk and chads arrow was stuck in the bull with no other arrow marks or holes. Chads arrow was the one that killed the elk. The only thing we could think was that someone had shot a elk in the past the arrow was in the path of the bleeding bull that chad shot. 2.5 miles in the wilderness in the thickest dark timber you can think.. What are the odds.

Weird. Congrats to your buddy though.

60x

WKR
found a car tire halfway up a mountainside in some thick timber... I still wonder ho it got there..

Dang! My hunting stories are so boring!!!

But my dad and brother were drove to the end of a logging road once during an elk hunt. Said when they got to the end, it looked like someone had been camping there for quite a while during the summer. There were used condoms (like 100's of them) and empty prune bags (several -- maybe a few dozen) all over the place. I don't want to know what went on at the end of that road...