We are our own worst enemy

GSPHUNTER

WKR
It's not even a nice buck. I think you can get a ticket for that in Ca. something like, morbid display.🦌

Last edited:

Blind Squirrel

Lil-Rokslider
When I was in my early twenties, my parents built a house on one of the few remaining undeveloped lots in an older neighborhood. The neighborhood is overrun with deer and it was not uncommon to see 10+ on their lot in the evening. During the build, my mother received numerous forms of communication from the neighbors telling her she was a terrible human for disturbing the deer’s home. When my brother killed a deer that fall, we gutted it, then drove to mom’s house and hoisted it up on one of these hitch hoists right in her front yard by the road for further processing. As we were getting started, mom came home, and to say she was upset was an understatement. She picked up a 2x4 and began swinging it with ill intent at my brother and I. We promptly took it down, but I still laugh every time I see one of these lifts. Also, the deer have successfully recovered from the trauma of construction, and continue to graze in the yard.

Blind Squirrel

Lil-Rokslider
Agree 100%! The title of this thread is wrong. Whoever the hell that was in the cybertruck is among our top 5 worst enemies, but they aint US.
Correct. I’d argue that’s not a hunter at all. I think this was done intentionally to make hunters look bad.

That things not even gutted. I wonder if it could have been picked up as roadkill and will be cleaned once home? That is the only charitable approach I can see.

Imagine buying a "truck" and not putting the deer in the bed.

Q child

WKR
Irritating and gross. So disrespectful to that animal. I don’t understand other people’s decisions sometimes.

CJ19

WKR
is there context to this video or is someone just trying to get their deer home or to the processor clean and without making a mess?

Last edited:

bpa556

Lil-Rokslider
There’s nothing wrong with this as long as it is legal wherever it is. Most folks who shoot more than a couple of deer per season don’t gut anymore unless they’re backpacking them out of the field.

The idea that we should hide what we do in the bed of the truck is ridiculous.

Grow up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk