Water Purification Tablets for RV fresh Water

270quest

WKR
Anyone use any type of purification tablets in your RV fresh water tank as a backup to make sure water is clean? We basically use our RV once a year - hunting season - so when we get done, we drain and blow it out, but then it basically sets for a year. We dont use the RV water to drink - just for cooking, showers, dishes, etc.

But I saw some reviews on purification tablets to drop in your tank - thinking it could be cheap insurance just in case?

Thoughts?

Legend

WKR
Are you filling the system with water from a city system with chlorine? If so it probably takes care of most concerns.

If from a well you could just use a little chlorine to flush through before you use it.

If you are not drinking it it probably doesn't matter.

The tabs you mentioned are likely some version of chlorine.

Tod osier

WKR
Anyone use any type of purification tablets in your RV fresh water tank as a backup to make sure water is clean? We basically use our RV once a year - hunting season - so when we get done, we drain and blow it out, but then it basically sets for a year. We dont use the RV water to drink - just for cooking, showers, dishes, etc.

But I saw some reviews on purification tablets to drop in your tank - thinking it could be cheap insurance just in case?

Thoughts?

I bleach the system annually at the start of the season. Pretty easy.

OP
270quest

270quest

WKR
I just fill with hose water from my house which is city water...We dont drink it, but if your showering theres a chance for you to injest some water....

Never been an issue before, but my wife is always a bit paranoid about it. Figured a few tablets could ease her mind.