W. Oklahoma public land?

mporter012

Lil-Rokslider
I live in CO, but bought a OK non-resident tag and was looking for somewhere to hunt for a few days after Christmas. Would love to get a couple does for the freezer. My sister lives in Tulsa, and we hunted some private over thanksgiving, but don't feel like driving that far. I located a few places on On-x, but man public land is hard to find in OK! IF anyone wants some does taken off their property, let me know, would love to take a few off your hands!

PM with any advice.

- Mark

There are quite a few WMA’s and such all over western Oklahoma. Not sure they are open for the extra doe season. You’d have to check the regs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
M

mporter012

Lil-Rokslider
There are quite a few WMA’s and such all over western Oklahoma. Not sure they are open for the extra doe season. You’d have to check the regs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea there are a few that I saw, and other than the panhandle, it is open for the holiday doe season.

Honyock

WKR
I grew up in SW Oklahoma and have hunted it extensively. Most of the land is leased up and the days of knocking on doors is pretty much over. A lot of the public land is draw hunting. Fort Cobb WMA has a lot of does but it's bow or shotgun slug only.

Honyock

WKR
wow...Gained alot from this ...
Your best bet is to go online and look at the public land parcels and find one that is not that big but is located adjacent to crop land (wheat fields). Google Earth will give you a lot of information. It will be hit or miss and will take some time, but the little 80-acre pieces of public land adjacent to wheat fields are a good sanctuary for deer. I leased an 80-acre tract years ago south of the Fort Cobb WMA that had a tree line running through it and was surrounded by crop land and it was a honey hole.