Vortex Vipers vs Razors?

ssramage

FNG
I started out with Vortex Diamondbacks, then to Vipers for the last several years. I'm thinking of upgrading again specifically for low light performance when whitetail hunting. I need something that can help me identify animals at the last minute of last light and the Vipers just aren't getting me there anymore.

Is the Razor HD a significant step up from the Vipers? I've also considered the UHDs but prefer the smaller size/weight of the HDs I think.

HDs are on sale right now for about $850.

Tahoe1305

WKR
I wouldn’t say significant. They are better and worth that $850 price IMO. They are light and good resolution. Better on the edges than the Vipers but still not perfect out to edges like alphas.

OP
S

ssramage

FNG
Ended up ordering the Razor HDs and also a set of Zeiss Conquest HDs in the same 10x42 size for comparison. I'll return whichever one doesn't work for me.

JGRaider

WKR
The Conquest's super fast focus and pisspoor eyecups were a deal killer for me, but the glass is outstanding. Anxious to hear how your eyeballs see it.

OP
S

ssramage

FNG
The Conquest's super fast focus and pisspoor eyecups were a deal killer for me, but the glass is outstanding. Anxious to hear how your eyeballs see it.

I've heard the same about the glass and eyecups. I really like my Conquest scope so thought I'd try the binos out as well.