Vortex razor vs. Meopta meopro...

snopro176

WKR
Has anyone compared the two??
I'm buying a spotting scope this year come hell or high water. Looking at either the vortex razor 20-60 or the meopta meopro 80hd. I've heard nothing but great things about the meopta but little info on it still. Any info would be appreciated!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

flashgordon

Lil-Rokslider
I was in your situation recently. I have a Vortex Razor 50 and it is incredible for what it is-a fantastic lightweight backpack spotter. As for my full-size spotter I looked at Vortex, Leica and Swaro but after reading many reviews and "shoot outs" I went with a Kowa Prominar 88. I received it two weeks ago and it is stunning how crystal clear it is. Absolutely fantastic optics with edge to edge clarity at all power. I'm a Vortex fan and really liked my older Leica Televid and my hunting partners run mostly Swaro spotters and I believe my Kowa blows them out of the water. I found a demo in new condition for $2100. Givin this I'm sure I would have been very happy with the new Vortex Razor and it's tough to argue with their warranty!

OP
snopro176

snopro176

WKR
I was in your situation recently. I have a Vortex Razor 50 and it is incredible for what it is-a fantastic lightweight backpack spotter. As for my full-size spotter I looked at Vortex, Leica and Swaro but after reading many reviews and "shoot outs" I went with a Kowa Prominar 88. I received it two weeks ago and it is stunning how crystal clear it is. Absolutely fantastic optics with edge to edge clarity at all power. I'm a Vortex fan and really liked my older Leica Televid and my hunting partners run mostly Swaro spotters and I believe my Kowa blows them out of the water. I found a demo in new condition for $2100. Givin this I'm sure I would have been very happy with the new Vortex Razor and it's tough to argue with their warranty!
I do seem to hear little but great thinks about kowa, and I too have thought long and hard about the vtx 50 but feel like spending a good amount, but do it once.. Thanks for the info!

OP
snopro176

snopro176

WKR
Awesome, thanks for the info, its hard to find reviews for the meopro. Im feeling pretty good about the purchase!

I haven't compared the spotting scopes, but I own the meostar 10x42 HD binos. I've compared them side by side to the vortex razor 10x42s and for my eyes the meoptas were better. The razors seemed to have a light blue hue to them compared to my meoptas, and I personally thought the edge to edge clarity of the meoptas was better.