Vortex razor Gen 1 11-33x50

Ill keep this short and sweet, I found a Vortex razor Gen 1 angled 11-33x50 spotting scope for sale on amazon new for $550. Is that as fantastic of a deal for the glass quality as it seems, or is it worth spending the 2 or 3 times more to get the Gen 2 or 3? Thank you

North61

Lil-Rokslider
It's a good little spotter. I actually love the focus adjustment on the gen 1 Baby Razor more than the newer version. Very quick to get into perfect focus. Mine has very good sharpness right up to 33X.

HOWEVER, the eye piece does not offer as comfortable of a viewing experience as the new Razor.... but still hard to beat for 550.00. The Gen 1 has good eye-relief at 11X then suddenly terrible eye relief at higher powers. It's the weakest part of the system. I was hoping Vortex was just going to upgrade the Gen 1 eye piece but they introduced a whole new and quite a bit better spotter instead, the 11-33X is now orphaned and will at some point no longer be supported.

Good news is that when the old stock is depleted, Vortex will likely just swap out the 11-33X for the 13-39X if the old Generation 1 ever breaks down. They are good that way.

North61

Lil-Rokslider
It's a good little spotter. I actually love the focus adjustment on the gen 1 Baby Razor more than the newer version. Very quick to get into perfect focus. Mine has very good sharpness right up to 33X.

HOWEVER, the eye piece does not offer as comfortable of a viewing experience as the new Razor.... but still hard to beat for 550.00. The Gen 1 has good eye-relief at 11X then suddenly terrible eye relief at higher powers. It's the weakest part of the system. I was hoping Vortex was just going to upgrade the Gen 1 eye piece but they introduced a whole new and quite a bit better spotter instead, the 11-33X is now orphaned and will at some point no longer be supported.

Good news is that when the old stock is depleted, Vortex will likely just swap out the 11-33X for the 13-39X if the old Generation 1 ever breaks down. They are good that way.

ALSO... Bunch of people selling them now to upgrade so the used price for excellent condition is down to about 400.00 if you look around a bit.