Volunteers Needed to Hunt Bison on the Grand Canyon's North Rim

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Is there really anyone here that is worried about getting 3 of 5 shots into a 4" plate ?
I seriously think if you don't get the 5 for 5 in a good tight group you will not even be considered.

They didnt said how you had to take those shots. If its off hand at 100 yards with a 30 cal with a stiff wind many guys won't be able to do it.

You going to hunt with a busted rifle or scope? A good secure hard case sjould prevent damage, but either or the give you time to sight in before testing

Spoken like a guy that hasnt traveled with guns much. Not much you can do when they smash a pelican.

Poser

WKR
I am one of the 45,000.

Here's my my fear: getting selected as one of the top 25...only to get dropped at the cutdown to 12.

Here's my nightmare: getting selected as one of the top 12, taking a week off work, driving 22 hours to the Grand Canyon with five of my buddies....only to fail the shooting test.

Imagine then this scenario:

You show up to the range test and not only are shooting in front of 12 hunters, but their 4-5 helpers, the NPS liaisons and some AZFG wardens. Your shooting skills very well could be under the direct scrutiny of 80 pairs of judgmental eyes.

Opah

WKR
Spoken like a guy that hasnt traveled with guns much. Not much you can do when they smash a pelican.
Yes that is correct, my rifle has always traveled with me and it has always been in a very secure, padded hard case. I couldn't imagine flying some where and finding my rifle all busted up would break my heart

This is great I promised my wife no out of state hunting this year with the new kid coming next month never said anything about if of state volunteer work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I get a volunteer day a year at work. This past year I did a DU project building wood duck boxes. The bison cull would be another solid volunteer day :)