Virginia public land.

DLane94

FNG
Looking for anyone with any experience hunting the George Washington Thomas Jefferson National Forest or state lands near Augusta or Highland Counties. My buddy and I are planning a hike, camp, and hunt during muzzleloader season in that area and we interested if anyone had an my advice to which areas to hunt for bear and/or nice bucks. Any help would be appreciated

fatlander

WKR
Looking for anyone with any experience hunting the George Washington Thomas Jefferson National Forest or state lands near Augusta or Highland Counties. My buddy and I are planning a hike, camp, and hunt during muzzleloader season in that area and we interested if anyone had an my advice to which areas to hunt for bear and/or nice bucks. Any help would be appreciated

Dude, just look at some maps at places that look like deer would exist without much human disturbance and go hunting. If you want a guided hunt, book one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
I am curious as to why you chose augusta or highland county?

DLane94

FNG
I am curious as to why you chose augusta or highland county?
We have been hunting private land in that area for years with decent luck but looking to venture out and get into more remote areas of the public lands that have the potential to produce a better class of game

fatlander

WKR
Very helpful thanks.

Spot burning is spot burning. Doesn’t matter it’s for elk in the Rockies or woods goats on the east coast. You already know where you want to go. Just go and keep it off the internet. This stuff lives forever. Good luck to you and your buddy.

Swamp Fox

WKR
Spot burning is spot burning. Doesn’t matter it’s for elk in the Rockies or woods goats on the east coast. You already know where you want to go. Just go and keep it off the internet. This stuff lives forever. Good luck to you and your buddy.

I'm surprised this thread went on this long before this comment, which is true.

As someone with more than just a lil experience in the area, 'I FELT LIKE I WAS RIGHT THERE WITH THEM' as book reviewers like to say.

And I KNEW BlllyGoat kneW a few things about a rOAdHoUsE ...