Vasectomy

Not bad at all,

if it’s somebody else’s balls.
haha... the thread below this one is titled "colonoscopy"

i think we need to bring back the drama lama because WKR's gettin' too real here in the off season

i wonder if there are any Dr's that do value bundles, like a physical, vasectomy, and colonoscopy combos where you can save 12% off of the full retail price?

Got mine done a few years ago. First side didn’t feel a thing. Felt a whole lot on the second side. They had to numb it again. 2 weeks later I had a swelled up something on one of my nuts and had to get some antibiotics.

I am dying laughing at some of these responses! Timely thread as my wife and I just had our 2nd kid 3 months ago. We have a 12 year old daughter and a son now. I am on the fence about having any more kids, I'm 40. She may want one more.
Has anyone tried the needleless/scalpelless procedure? Just reading through this and then googling vasectomy has my stomach in knots lol.

Oregonboy

WKR
I had mine about 1.5 years ago. None of it was fun, but at least it was quick. The numbing agent didn't work all that well and I could feel quite a bit of the procedure, luckily it's 10 minutes.

Make sure you have some tight underwear for the recovery, support is your friend.

kkp005

WKR
My wife had a lot of complications after having our 2nd daughter 3 months ago. She DOES NOT want anymore kids and she has been making me wear Trojans which sucksssss..
I’m scheduled to have mine done March 9th. Wife did lots of research and this Dr came highly recommended. He said he has done over 3000 procedures.
I was really surprised how cheap it’s going to be.. I am paying $177 out of pocket

I am dying laughing at some of these responses! Timely thread as my wife and I just had our 2nd kid 3 months ago. We have a 12 year old daughter and a son now. I am on the fence about having any more kids, I'm 40. She may want one more.
Has anyone tried the needleless/scalpelless procedure? Just reading through this and then googling vasectomy has my stomach in knots lol.
That's the procedure that I had. They make one small incision on the side and reach in with a hook that looks like a crochet hook and grab ahold of the vas and pull it out. It feels like that tube is connected to every corner of your body! It sounds worse than it is and given the choice, I'd do it again.

I had mine done a few years ago. No problems or issues. Easy peasy.
I did, however, have quite the scare the next day. I was using frozen peas to ice. Well, the bag got too thawed so I threw it back in the freezer and grabbed a bag of frozen blueberries. Back to the bed with the iPad. Turns out the bag of blueberries had a small hole and this reddish purple ish juice leaked out around the sheets. Of course I had no idea but when I took a peak I nearly put a hole in the ceiling jumping out of bed. Searched my Apple bag frantically for a cut but eventually realized it was the thawing blueberries. Phew!

Any long term side effects? Increased risk of cancer or depression or anything like that?
I'm about 15 years in and turn 47 next month. In the last couple of years I've starting getting some achiness out of the right side that feels like somebody grazed me. It can last for a couple days and is treatable with a couple iburprofen. No real rhyme or reason to it and not debilitating or anything, just uncomfortable.

I'm about 15 years in and turn 47 next month. In the last couple of years I've starting getting some achiness out of the right side that feels like somebody grazed me. It can last for a couple days and is treatable with a couple iburprofen. No real rhyme or reason to it and not debilitating or anything, just uncomfortable.
I'm about the same timeframe and get the same.

Mine was scalpeless. Afer the shot they punched a hole with super fine/sharp tipped scissors, used the crochet hook, snipped and clipped the vas to "kink" them like a garden hose without cauterization. The shot sucked on both sides, like a good rack job that goes all the way up to the kidneys, but I didn't feel anything after that. My doc was funny... He said, "time me... 11 seconds each side." He didn't get any new personal records, but it was seriously less than 30 seconds on both sides once I was numb.

Procedure was on Friday and I was back to work on Monday without any issues. Popped a few ibuprofen when needed and wore some tight drawers for a few days.

*EDIT- In hindsight I would absolutely recommend this procedure. The permanent benefits far outweigh a few minutes of immediate discomfort and a few days recovery.

Gentlemen now's the time to book before the march madness rush fills the appointments (actual thing that happens). I'm 34 had mine done 4 years ago after our 3rd kid. Scheduled it for football bowl season on the same deductable year as having our last kid.

I've heard horror stories but it was literally a breeze. My doc gave me something to take the morning of the procedure to relax me, in and out in 30 min, talked with the doc the whole time. Yes some pressure and a tug here or there, but nothing to much. Ice and ibuprofen for a day and light activity for a couple more days. Good as new. Mine was the scalpeless version.

Now the first few times you enjoy your self there can be some pain/discomfort that really ruins the enjoyment. But that goes away quickly! Just remember, until you get the all clear when you take that sample in, you're still viable! Dr. Said he had several cases where people didn't listen and wound up with one extra kid!

The procedure is way easier for you as a guy than it is for a woman to get her tubes tied, unless she's already having a C-section. Overall the benefits far and away outweigh the costs.

Grumman

WKR
This thread is epic. I’m sitting in the waiting room at the barber shop laughing and flinching like someone kicked me in the balls while reading this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had mine done 4 years ago at 40 after my 3rd and last kiddo. Each kid was harder and harder on my wife so she was in agreement for it. No anesthesia, just the numbing shots which was no big deal. Two small slices on each side, cut , tied, cauterized. Doc had to numb me twice on the left side cause when he pulled that one it wasn’t all the way numb. I about kicked him in the face! Second shot and all was good. My doc recommended wearing two pairs of boxer briefs. Frozen peas are the best. I couldn’t/can’t take pain pills because they make me sick so I used ibuprofen. I was back to work on Monday but shouldn’t have been just because my job requires a lot of heavy lifting. I made my employees lift everything for me. Lol

The worst part about it was I knew the nurse. Her and her husband had been bringing in their WG for me to process for about 25 years!

WKR
Had mine several years ago. First side was no big deal. Second side was a really big deal. Not sure if he "missed" with the local anesthetic or I was paying for some sort of bad karma but that MF hurt in a way I hope to never experience again. Recovery wasn't bad, the worst part was the stitches kept poking me in the legs. Definitely worth it.

mncoolbeans

Lil-Rokslider
Had mine done 9-years ago at age 40. Best advice I can give is get it done on a Friday, then follow the Dr's Instructions to a "T". Go Home and take a bag of frozen Corn or Peas out of the Freezer, place on your personal area and Watch Movies. No strenuous activity and by Monday you'll be good to go.