Vasectomy

tdhanses

WKR
Had one about 25 years ago. Your wife has to sign off on the procedure also.

Yep. You are fully conscious. They will stick a long needle in your nuts to numb them.

Hurt? Painful? WTF do do think?

Doesn’t take long. Buy some frozen peas and pack the ‘twig and berries’ for 2 days. Don’t do much.

You’ll live

Edit/PS
Amazing the things you remember 25 years later
I don’t remember needing a sign off, had mine done maybe 5 years ago.

It isn’t painless but isn’t horrible, best thing is don’t do anything for 3 days and keep the boys iced, you’ll feel fine the next day but that’s when people have problems, they start being active again, just take the full 3 days.

Button

WKR
Great thread. Wife has been on me about getting one. We don’t have or plan on having crotch fruit.

hh76

Lil-Rokslider
As has been said, no worse than getting a cavity filled. A little awkward thinking about it, but no big deal.

My wife took the kids for the weekend, and I sat around with ice on my junk, drinking beer and watching TV. Not a bad experience at all.

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I had mine done last summer. Not a big deal honestly and pretty easy to deal with afterwards. We sent the kids to the grand parents for two days and we caught up on a few movies while I sat on ice. I was at work the next week, and working out the following week.

Burnsie

Lil-Rokslider
Had to do it twice! I kept bringing "samples" in to get tested to make sure I was clear and they kept saying
I still had a lot of swimmers several weeks after. Turns out I had an extra vas deferens tube that needed severed? Rare I was told, but it does happen? I kept reminding my wife how manly I was for awhile afterwards - it took two procedures to keep me from procreating. "Eye rolls"
Come to think of it, it never took much effort for her to get pregnant, she was a baby machine.

KYHunting

FNG
Wifes age will help me out. If I get rich and end up with a trophy wife half my age may need to look into it.

sndmn11

Well Known pink hat wearing Rokslider
It is wicked easy. My Dr's cauterizer wand thing wasn't working, he had me hold the forceps with the spaghetti to keep it from slipping back in the incision while he went and got a working one. It's an easy ten minute procedure that is as uncomfortable as teeth cleaning.

gunbear

FNG
Not bad at all for me. Frozen peas on it for a few hours and back to work the next day. That being said, my buddy had a bad experience. His doctor had a reputation for using an extreme technique. He had major swelling and didn't walk for a weak. Check the doctor's reputation with some other guys who have had him do a vasectomy.

Had it done about 15 years ago. I opted for the "scalpless" . It wasn't too bad. Had it done on a Friday afternoon and was sitting back in the digger Monday morning. I will say that when they grab that tube and skid it out to be cut and cauterized, it feels like it is attached to every corner of your body.

OP
Sherman

Sherman

WKR
All the responses have eased my anxiety. I appreciate all of the humor and information. Just a few more questions:

Anyone in Colorado that has a recommendation for a specific doctor/clinic?

How long would you wait to get in the gym? Legs? Upper body? Stair climber & elliptical?

All the responses have eased my anxiety. I appreciate all of the humor and information. Just a few more questions:

Anyone in Colorado that has a recommendation for a specific doctor/clinic?

How long would you wait to get in the gym? Legs? Upper body? Stair climber & elliptical?
I went to Austin Derosa at CU Med at Highlands Ranch. He was a pro. No problems. I would say that a day or so afterwards (after anesthesia wore off) I felt like I had been kicked in a soccer game. Probably not that bad tho. I would say I just sort of took it easy and sat on the couch for maybe 2 days. I could have been more active if I had to, but took it easy on myself. Easy peasy lemonade squeezy.

JoshOR

Lil-Rokslider
Not bad for me, awkward for sure, but hey, your getting your sack worked on. I didn’t have shots, used multiple blasts of air that pushed the drug through the skin, uncomfortable but not painful, asked if I could still feel it, said yes, got another blast. Talked Flyfishing. Recovery was fine, Ice and couch first day, seemed like it was quick after that. Still have my chi so all good!

OP
Sherman

Sherman

WKR
I went to Austin Derosa at CU Med at Highlands Ranch. He was a pro. No problems. I would say that a day or so afterwards (after anesthesia wore off) I felt like I had been kicked in a soccer game. Probably not that bad tho. I would say I just sort of took it easy and sat on the couch for maybe 2 days. I could have been more active if I had to, but took it easy on myself. Easy peasy lemonade squeezy.
Local anesthesia or did they put you under? Looking him up now.