Unpopular Opinion on Kuiu?

roymunson

WKR
What's the point of your post? I've spoken my piece and I'm not going to engage with you. I've described what I've experienced in other industries. Obviously it's a business model that has some value to certain companies or it wouldn't exist. I assumed it was also obvious this wouldn't be something in writing but something that gets done on a case by case basis. As another example Santa Cruz Bicycles has been known to warranty carbon mountain bike frames when cable rub, rubs through the paint into the carbon. This can be argued as a setup issue. They've even went as far as upgrading someone to a newer model frame. They also provide free bearing replacement for the life of the frame. 10-12 high grade bearings certainly cost more than a glove. What do you think the mark up is on their gloves? Why does first lite and Sitka both have a pro deal program that's very easy to get into and offers 40% off? I'm sure this is all built into their price point so they obviously aren't losing money. FWIW a new Santa Cruz frame will set you back $4,000-$5,000 depending on the model. We're talking about a missing glove or a sock. You draw the line where you would like. Your post is why Internet forums suck.
I think his point was, maybe they should/could, but they're under no obligation to do so.

There are scopes with a lifetime warranty, but if I bounce my scope off a cliff, I don't know if it's honest to try to turn it in as defective... JMO, yo will do what you please, but to hold the lack of replacing a LOST glove, not a glove that fell apart due to craftsmanship, against the company seems silly

I think his point was, maybe they should/could, but they're under no obligation to do so.

There are scopes with a lifetime warranty, but if I bounce my scope off a cliff, I don't know if it's honest to try to turn it in as defective... JMO, yo will do what you please, but to hold the lack of replacing a LOST glove, not a glove that fell apart due to craftsmanship, against the company seems silly
I think we agree and some nuance is getting lost in the internet. Everything you said I agree with, with the addition of I think there are companies out there that would replace the glove. I'm not bad mouthing the company that refused to replace the glove at all that's their prerogative an there's nothing wrong with that stance.

roymunson

WKR
I think we agree and some nuance is getting lost in the internet. Everything you said I agree with, with the addition of I think there are companies out there that would replace the glove. I'm not bad mouthing the company that refused to replace the glove at all that's their prerogative an there's nothing wrong with that stance.
i agree with ya. If it were my company (and I've had to do things like this before) I'd rather have a happy customer than a couple extra bucks

MattB

WKR
Can we start a list of companies whose warranty includes loss so we can use that as the barometer by which to judge Kuiu?

Or if we can’t identify any companies that warranty for loss, to judge the OP? 😂

Last edited:
What's the point of your post? I've spoken my piece and I'm not going to engage with you. I've described what I've experienced in other industries. Obviously it's a business model that has some value to certain companies or it wouldn't exist. I assumed it was also obvious this wouldn't be something in writing but something that gets done on a case by case basis. As another example Santa Cruz Bicycles has been known to warranty carbon mountain bike frames when cable rub, rubs through the paint into the carbon. This can be argued as a setup issue. They've even went as far as upgrading someone to a newer model frame. They also provide free bearing replacement for the life of the frame. 10-12 high grade bearings certainly cost more than a glove. What do you think the mark up is on their gloves? Why does first lite and Sitka both have a pro deal program that's very easy to get into and offers 40% off? I'm sure this is all built into their price point so they obviously aren't losing money. FWIW a new Santa Cruz frame will set you back $4,000-$5,000 depending on the model. We're talking about a missing glove or a sock. You draw the line where you would like. Your post is why Internet forums suck.
I bring up some points to ask where the line actually should be drawn and I become the reasons Internet forums suck.

Awesome.

Rob5589

WKR
Can we start a list of companies whose warranty includes loss so we can use that as the nbarometwr by which to judge Kuiu?

Or if we can’t identify any companies that warranty for loss, to judge the OP? 😂
Gotta learn to spell "barometer" correctly first 🤣

eamyrick

WKR
So I take my wife Turkey hunting two years ago and she burns a $3 Longbeard #6, defeathering a nice Tom who was no worse for the wear. After sprinting through the woods trying to catch up to said Tom I return to the truck to find out she has lost the left hand Sitka glove I loaned her in the chaos. So…..from one first responder to another…..I have you a size XL Sitka Subalpine left hand glove to match your missing Kuiu.

9B16EE7B-BCC8-425B-9301-50BCA7ADA325.jpeg

Ho5tile1

WKR
Something I find strange is kuiu puts out this new line of stuff and before it’s even released to everyone the wind pro fleece is not available till November in all colors. I ordered the jacket and pants and tried to order that as well and saw that. So why even put it up there? If I’m releasing this new line I would make sure it’s available. I understand running out but I ordered this stuff before it was available to everyone as a platinum member. Just find that odd..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bmhunts

FNG
027d54e2841232909e3f9c1f18d5506c.jpg

Poser

WKR
Something I find strange is kuiu puts out this new line of stuff and before it’s even released to everyone the wind pro fleece is not available till November in all colors. I ordered the jacket and pants and tried to order that as well and saw that. So why even put it up there? If I’m releasing this new line I would make sure it’s available. I understand running out but I ordered this stuff before it was available to everyone as a platinum member. Just find that odd..

They need to get rid of it before Jan 1 or they have to pay taxes on the inventory. It’s also whitetail season in most states. I’d venture they were hoping to launch this like back in June or July. Like everything else, supply chain issues pushed back the launch date.

rclouse79

WKR
The only thing more embarrassing than this thread would be posting that a company wouldn’t give you a refund on merino wool boxers that you laid some mean skid marks down on. Some things just need to be kept to yourself, but I guess that doesn’t apply to those with no sense of shame.

So I take my wife Turkey hunting two years ago and she burns a $3 Longbeard #6, defeathering a nice Tom who was no worse for the wear. After sprinting through the woods trying to catch up to said Tom I return to the truck to find out she has lost the left hand Sitka glove I loaned her in the chaos. So…..from one first responder to another…..I have you a size XL Sitka Subalpine left hand glove to match your missing Kuiu.

View attachment 452212
Gross. Hunt in miss matched camo?

Just kill me now.

KUIU has been good to me so far. I called them about some straps they should add to their Venture 1800 pack and they sent me a pair that would fit for free. Then I lost a strap and I called them and they sent me another pair. The only thing I dont like about KUIU is they are hell bent on stamping their logo all over their products.