Unpopular opinion Mountain house > Peak refuel

Rob5589

WKR
Peak for me over MH or Heathers. No gut rot/gas/shats. Haven't tried others.

xcutter

WKR
I like both. Mtn House Biscuits and gravy, Chili Mac, and Blueberry Granola are my favorites. Spaghetti with meat sauce is notable as well.

Peaks Strawberry Granola and Chicken Alfredo are really good.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
If you lost your sense of taste from covid, then it doesn't really matter. It's all about texture now. But if I add enough water.......they're all soup. (y)

I have iron guts so none of the freeze-dried meals give me the mountain house mud but i really like the Peak biscuits & gravy, & chicken alfredo. Everything from Mtn House has been good as well but now I'm excited to try some of these other brands i hadn't heard of until today. Gamechanger for me is having a bunch of them gas station packets of salt n pepper in my pack or some Tony C's creole.

68Plexi

WKR
I keep trying to leave Mtn House but keep coming back. Peak, Backpackers Pantry. Keep coming back to MH.

Maybe I’ll try a few of the more expensive ones like Heathers Choice or others suggested. Anyone have any feedback about Heathers choice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drenalin

WKR
I keep trying to leave Mtn House but keep coming back. Peak, Backpackers Pantry. Keep coming back to MH.

Maybe I’ll try a few of the more expensive ones like Heathers Choice or others suggested. Anyone have any feedback about Heathers choice?

Pretty awful, in my opinion. I've only tried the chili and the fish chowder, both were funky in taste in texture.

I'm a Peak Refuel fan over MH, they just don't mess with my gut as bad.

68Plexi

WKR
Pretty awful, in my opinion. I've only tried the chili and the fish chowder, both were funky in taste in texture.

I'm a Peak Refuel fan over MH, they just don't mess with my gut as bad.

Appreciate the input.

I really dont like heathers choice personally, except the packaroons. Most of it is edible to me, except the salmon chowder 🤮

If you want a healthier option that actually tastes good, i would only recommend stowaway gourmet or off grid personally. There are others that i havent tried that i hear are good too like packit gourmet

OP
RGARNER

RGARNER

Lil-Rokslider
For the people who dehydrate their own meals, are you lining your dehydrator trays with aluminum foil or something to keep the food from falling through the trays?

68Plexi

WKR
I really dont like heathers choice personally, except the packaroons. Most of it is edible to me, except the salmon chowder

If you want a healthier option that actually tastes good, i would only recommend stowaway gourmet or off grid personally. There are others that i havent tried that i hear are good too like packit gourmet

I may have to give off grid a try. Of the more expensive options, it’s recommended a lot here.

I may have to give off grid a try. Of the more expensive options, it’s recommended a lot here.

I prefer stowaway gourmet but off grid is really good too, definitely worth a try. Ive eaten stowaway at home lol its really good, especially their chili and thai shrimp curry

68Plexi

WKR
I prefer stowaway gourmet but off grid is really good too, definitely worth a try. Ive eaten stowaway at home lol its really good, especially their chili and thai shrimp curry

Just checked stowaway and they are sold out of almost everything. Is that typical? Or just a seasonal thing like most everything else right now?

Just checked stowaway and they are sold out of almost everything. Is that typical? Or just a seasonal thing like most everything else right now?

I’ve never noticed them being out of stock when I order. Blackovis and gohunt carry them as well, might check there.

Haven't had to buy any since before last September but no that is not normal at all, they almost always had everything in stock before. I still have a bunch but like i stated earlier, im making my own freeze dried meals now. Freeze dried keto ice cream is a hit for sure, gonna do some bear meat barria tacos too before i head out for spring bear and a couple other recipes

Moserkr

WKR
For the people who dehydrate their own meals, are you lining your dehydrator trays with aluminum foil or something to keep the food from falling through the trays?
Believe i used wax or parchment paper. The dried food didnt stick and came off in nice pieces. I even dehydrated some fairly thick chicken noodle soup this way. Not sure how you would dehydrate extremely saucy meals, but rehydrating to make them more saucy or soupy is easy if the flavor is there.