Unpleasant gun cleaning surprise

rclouse79

WKR
I had a big 16 oz glass bottle of Butch’s Bore Shine I have had forever. I knew it was getting low last year, so I bought a little 3.75 bottle, but never opened it. Sadly I am to the part of the year where the fall big game hunting is over, so I got out my stuff to clean my rifle. I saw the small container of the bore shine inside the plastic case it shipped in. I pulled it out and it started leaking all over the floor. I panicked and poured the rest of it into what was left of the big bottle.
After inspecting all the floaties in the big bottle I threw it away too and ordered a new one. My question is why would they put this stuff in a plastic bottle? Needless to say, I will be going with glass from here on out. IMG_0895.jpegIMG_0896.jpeg

Ratinahat

FNG
I had a big 16 oz glass bottle of Butch’s Bore Shine I have had forever. I knew it was getting low last year, so I bought a little 3.75 bottle, but never opened it. Sadly I am to the part of the year where the fall big game hunting is over, so I got out my stuff to clean my rifle. I saw the small container of the bore shine inside the plastic case it shipped in. I pulled it out and it started leaking all over the floor. I panicked and poured the rest of it into what was left of the big bottle.
After inspecting all the floaties in the big bottle I threw it away too and ordered a new one. My question is why would they put this stuff in a plastic bottle? Needless to say, I will be going with glass from here on out. View attachment 634124View attachment 634125
I had the same thing happen. All that is left is the cap and label. Did you ask Lyman for a replacement?

MichaelC

FNG
Classified Approved
I just got a new bottle on Amazon and it arrived in an aluminum bottle. It’s perfect. But… I feel like the solvent is not the same… like thinner over what came in the older glass bottles.

OP
rclouse79

rclouse79

WKR
I had the same thing happen. All that is left is the cap and label. Did you ask Lyman for a replacement?
I probably should have, but I just ordered a new large bottle. I guess they realized this was an issue and started using an aluminum bottle.

OP
rclouse79

rclouse79

WKR
I just got a new bottle on Amazon and it arrived in an aluminum bottle. It’s perfect. But… I feel like the solvent is not the same… like thinner over what came in the older glass bottles.
It seemed different to me as well. Hopefully it still works the same.