NF SHV mount recommendation

I recently purchased a Bergara B-14 HMR wilderness and grabbed a NF SHV 4-14x56 for it. I’ve searched for days and can’t decide on a mount for it. Primary use will be hunting, but might dabble in a little LR. Any recommendation on Rails/Rings or mounts?

Focus is hunting primarily.

PC356

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Seekins 20 MOA pic rail with a recoil lug for a Remington 700. Seekins rings, TPS rings, Warne Mountain Tech, Hawkins, etc. Lotsa good rings out there…

gearguywb

WKR
Don't over think it. Plenty of good options. Grab a 20 (or 10) degree rail and a good set of rings. NF, Seekins, Warne, Hawkins....any will do just fine.

OP
P
Seekins 20 MOA pic rail with a recoil lug for a Remington 700. Seekins rings, TPS rings, Warne Mountain Tech, Hawkins, etc. Lotsa good rings out there…
Thoughts on a 1 piece vs rail and rings? I’ve been going back and forth.

OP
P
Don't over think it. Plenty of good options. Grab a 20 (or 10) degree rail and a good set of rings. NF, Seekins, Warne, Hawkins....any will do just fine.
My biggest debate has been between rings and a 1 piece tbh. Every time I think I’m settled I see something that makes me rethink.

PC356

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Thoughts on a 1 piece vs rail and rings? I’ve been going back and forth.
Pic rail and rings will probably be more functional. Will allow more versatility to max out ring spacing and to dial in eye relief. Scope height off of rail/above barrel is waay more adjustable too. Tons of different height options on rings to adjust that to your liking. I feel it’s a more durable setup unless you’re talking about a Scalarworks or Spuhr style scope mount.

Last edited:
If you want a one piece hands down get the Hawkins Precision. Awesome setup.

matthewmt

WKR
I went with 20 moa rail and NF UL low rings on my tikka

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

OP
P
I actually did the same, but median on the rings. Idk how much I’ll dial, but like the option. Adjustable cheek so shouldn
I went with 20 moa rail and NF UL low rings on my tikka

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
i did just about the same. Went with medium rings but with the adjustable cheek i should be fine.