BARTLEIN BARRELS CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE

I’m with the OP on this one. I like Bartlein barrels and have had dozens of them (including some bad ones), but they have a history of not accepting responsibility when there’s an issue. Look at the guy a page or two back that they blamed it not stabilizing a 215 Berger because of his choice of a 10 twist and said it needed a 9 as a prime example. Berger states 10 twist and there’s not a damn sole on this planet that knows more about bullet stability than Bryan Litz.

Come back to this thread and share your barrel life and load data over your next few barrels.

OP
Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed

Lil-Rokslider
Come back to this thread and share your barrel life and load data over your next few barrels.
This isn't my first rodeo...or barrel. Why would I need to do that when I have years of experience with RUMs on the front end of this as a reference? Very similarly configured at that.

OP
Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed

Lil-Rokslider
how many rounds were you expecting to get out of it?
Knowing that 800 accurate rounds (.5 MOA) from personal experience is possible from a REGULAR stainless barrel in RUM, with the 400MOD I had hoped for 1000 to potentially 1200 out of this one. While I pulled it at 460, it was in all reality gone at 300-350 rounds.

NK Hunter

FNG
I think this has pretty much wound the subject out. 😉 Bad personal experiences do happen and are unfortunate. But without firsthand observation/knowledge of all the contributing factors, "claims" is all we have to go on and I have multiple pro smiths I work with who have long-standing positive experiences with Bartlein. Personally have a 400MOD on a 7 Allen Mag which has 106 gr of RL33 running through it, and also a custom 27 Nosler. So far, so good. Kirby Allen strongly discouraged me from doing the +P when I brought it up to him. He's a metallurgist and has his observations and experience with the concept. Seems some guys make out well with it, others not so much. Makes me curious what Kirby would say about this particular case. He pretty much only uses Bartlein on his builds anymore. He has his reasons.

Some of this is personality & ego stuff. I won't let my emotions or ego keep me from a product that serves me well. If it was me, I'd be doing the test on the same barrel without +P (same chambering, etc) and seeing what happens.

Gingerman

Lil-Rokslider
Buddy, that ship has sailed and I've already explained why. Regardless of whether the barrel was replaced or not, I had a poor customer experience with very poor communication. As stated before, I felt somewhat insulted and essentially called a liar. That's red zone for me and I will not do business with a company like that again, ever. I'm just happy that my barrel is on the way back so I can do some in stock measurements in order to get another barrel on order.
Then just accept that your life will always be harder with your foolish pride. You aren't seeking a solution here even though it was offered. You are just slandering because someone in a shop had to do their due diligence on warranty issues and doesn't even know you personally. You're a thick one, buddy.

I do find it interesting the dichotomy of this forum largely jumping on the Bart is right you abused the barrel train while simultaneously having a lot of strong opinions about not cleaning barrels that vanish into thin air when Bartlien posts about it being vital to barrel life and health on the same thread

I do at least know now that if my creed shits the bucket at 1k rounds because of what I’ve read on here not to bother calling lol

OP
Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed

Lil-Rokslider
Then just accept that your life will always be harder with your foolish pride. You aren't seeking a solution here even though it was offered. You are just slandering because someone in a shop had to do their due diligence on warranty issues and doesn't even know you personally. You're a thick one, buddy.
Making a lot of assumptions here and you clearly have a reading/comprehension problem. The solution was sought over several long weeks. In posting this up (which I had no intention of doing) I was finally able to get a piece of my property on its way back and to make others aware of a bad customer service experience... regardless of whether they opted to replace the barrel or not.

I can sleep good at night, principles are of much more value to me than a half off barrel after this fiasco. BTW, there was no slander here, I didn't attack anyone personally, I'm sure they're good people. As a business, they pushed me too far on this one.

Gingerman

Lil-Rokslider
Making a lot of assumptions here and you clearly have a reading/comprehension problem. The solution was sought over several long weeks. In posting this up (which I had no intention of doing) I was finally able to get a piece of my property on its way back and to make others aware of a bad customer service experience... regardless of whether they opted to replace the barrel or not.

I can sleep good at night, principles are of much more value to me than a half off barrel after this fiasco. BTW, there was no slander here, I didn't attack anyone personally, I'm sure they're good people. As a business, they pushed me too far on this one.
Like I said, you're a thick one.

Axlrod

WKR
The owner has posted a few times on your thread. Explained why you had to wait a couple weeks, and offered a solution. This is WAY better customer service on an unfinished part, than I have received on complete systems. Ones that did not work correctly out of the box from Ruger, Christensen Arms, Smith & Wesson, Gunwerks and a Samsung oven!

It is time to play the song by Motley Crue...

Girl don't go away mad, girl just go away

WKR
Customer service is a very subjective experience. Everyone who's ever made or sold anything knows nothing is 100 percent rated, you can't win them all.

The OP and the company have chimed in very respectfully and articulately. I don't think anyone needs to win or be run off with pitchforks. I appreciate everything that was shared so we can all learn something.

OP
Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed

Lil-Rokslider
Customer service is a very subjective experience. Everyone who's ever made or sold anything knows nothing is 100 percent rated, you can't win them all.

The OP and the company have chimed in very respectfully and articulately. I don't think anyone needs to win or be run off with pitchforks. I appreciate everything that was shared so we can all learn something.
I agree, and thank you. At this point it's whiners and bitchers wanting to stir the pot. Like playing with pigs in the mud if you participate😂😂😂

Darryle

WKR
Knowing that 800 accurate rounds (.5 MOA) from personal experience is possible from a REGULAR stainless barrel in RUM, with the 400MOD I had hoped for 1000 to potentially 1200 out of this one. While I pulled it at 460, it was in all reality gone at 300-350 rounds.
Was this your first personal +P RUM barrel?

Previous personal barrel life experience with the +P chamber if not?

OP
Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed

Lil-Rokslider
Was this your first personal +P RUM barrel?

Previous personal barrel life experience with the +P chamber if not?
It was. However...my last barrel that went 800 accurate rounds had a long, match throat of my design that offered very similar, if not the same performance as the +P.

NK Hunter

FNG
So far, I have approx. 200 rounds through a 7 Allen Mag with a partial +P throat on a Bartlein 400MOD. Got some fire cracking with 106 gr of RL33 blowing through, but no visually perceptible erosion. Pretty impressed actually though it's probably rough enough to give some trouble to a thin-jacketed lead core the way it is at these velocities on an 8 twist. 😏 It has only shot 4 times for game - 4 for 4...the rest has all been load-development/bullet testing for various mono companies so a bit harder use than a dedicated hunting rifle. Would definitely do it again. Recently switched the load around to Retumbo behind the 147 Apex running 3730 fps and the 160 McGuire @ 3470 for terminal testing, so hopefully a little easier on the bore...