rye_a

Lil-Rokslider
Ultralight merino:
$(KGrHqR,!o0E63YVuPDLBO6gfFdnZg~~60_35.JPG

Last edited:

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I use the First Lite merino wool boxers. But I am into cutting weight, so someone post the specs on rye's underwear. I am guessing I could trim some of that extra material off if I don't need it also.

MOHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Does the merino wool loosen like cotton. I've been using synthetics and love them. I'm afraid the wool might not stay tight enough.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
I will stick with my UA extra long boxers.......the wife was rolling with Rye A's reply!

dotman

WKR
I used UA boxers and since I switched to merino I haven't looked back. My UA is just another item set to the side, anyone want them haha!

OP
Beastmode

Beastmode

WKR
i was looking at the red desert boxer by first lite. Do you guys have any issues with chaffing with merino wool or does it stay in one spot?

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
The First Lite boxers for me have never stretched out or lost their form. They actually fit like boxer briefs, which are perfect for me. No chaffing issues either.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Obviously I am not a guy, so the specs will vary some, but I have been very happy with merino wool briefs by icebreaker. I wore synthetics by Ex officio for several seasons and while they dry quickly they get a funk after a day or two. Wool is nearly stink free, and if I bring a spare pair along I can wash one in a creek and dry them out over the brush in an hour or two. I won't wear cotton or synthetics in the field again...

Slim Jim

WKR
I just got my first lite merino wool boxers in the mail today. I tried them on and they are very comfortable. Hopefully they are funk free like they say they are cause we all know how well you can smell being in the backcountry for a week at a time. Rye, is that a thong or a full cut back cause I'm in for a pair if they are a thong.

7mag.

WKR
I have a few pair of UA, but I prefer some Starter synthetics I found at Walmart for $10. They are more comfortable, and don't get as funky as fast as the UA. Plus they are half the price. I would like to try some merino, but they are pretty expensive.

Merino Wool, Red Desert's from First Lite are amazing... I can't imagine how bad the UA stuff would stink after a few days given how bad their shirts smell after a few hours of hiking...