underwear

Ultralight merino:
$(KGrHqR,!o0E63YVuPDLBO6gfFdnZg~~60_35.JPG

I'm not as minimalist as rye_a, but do like finding as many functions for my gear as possible. That's why I'll be wearing my Kifaru Grab-it this year to "grab it".

tstowater

WKR
I got some First Lite Red Deserts earlier this year and have used it for all my hikes, pack and no pack. Have wore the same pair and soak it completely in sweat everytime. I have not washed it yet, and to my knowledge, there is no odor at all. Extremely comfortable. I thought I was crazy when I bought them, but I love them now. I'm not sure why I bought threee pairs as two pairs should be a plenty.

bnkwnto

FNG
I've been happy with exofficio boxer briefs but I've switched most of my other base layers to merino wool so I may have tor try those out next.

umm..what ....!!

You have to do a dry run before hitting the field in order to know how many sets to take along. I work from home but make it a point to go a couple weeks in July around the house wearing the same merino wool socks and underwear every day without showering just to see how well it does and get feedback from the wife and kids. I can get into it about 4-5 days before I start getting the couch to myself. ;)

I currently use Minus33 boxers but am looking for something with a regular all elastic/synthetic band instead of one made with merino integrated into it.

tstowater

WKR
littlebuf: Actually, my wife goes with me on my longer hikes and I am waiting for her to tell me when I need to wash them. She claims to have a "better" nose than me and is not afraid to tell me I stink. Really, I have tried the sniff test several times and have not smell anything. Kinda surprising to be truthful. Must be a good product. Would not try that with the synthetics as it is one trip and in the washer.

G Posik

WKR
Merino wool boxers. I have a couple of different brands. They all perform the same. Have not had any stretch issues with them.

Glenn

millsms

FNG
I had a pair of Icebreaker merino wool that were great till my dog got ahold of them....I wanted to try the first lite ones but for $60 a little too steap when i just picked up a merino stoic pair and a icebreaker pair for a total of $55 on backcounty.

For those that are wearing the Stoic merino boxer briefs, how is the fit? Some of the reviews on Backcountry make it sound like they don't fit well, long in the torso.

The stoic boxers seem to be seam heavy which has me nervous to pull the trigger on them. The first lite or smartwool though more money look to be better constructed but it's hard to tell just looking at pics on web sites!

i picked up the redram merino boxer briefs when they were on sale at sierra trading but im not very happy with them. they fit loose and even looser after a good workout.. ive been happy with the t shirt though

Gman

WKR
i picked up the redram merino boxer briefs when they were on sale at sierra trading but im not very happy with them. they fit loose and even looser after a good workout.. ive been happy with the t shirt though

My experience was pretty similar. I found some minus 33 boxers on Amazon for a good price and so far like those quite a bit. I also have the first lite boxers but have not yet tried them in the field. They come down on the leg farther than I prefer, especially for warm weather hunts, but they are made very well. I look forward to testing them this season.

ST52v

WKR
I have a couple pairs I picked up from Camofire ( core 4 element brand) for around $16 bucks a pair. Wore them last year and loved them.

rodney482

WKR
I use the red desert and find they get more comfy everyday... I have went 3 days on one pr and they still felt great and not nasty like UA gets

Jager

WKR
Beastmode, learning my 'trade' as an Aussie fronline soldier, the first lesson a young soldier is taught, loose the underwear, go 'free ball', pardon the pun, just go A la natural, then there is no problem. A few of us young lads once presented to SE Asian hospital after a serous contact, too say they were surprised at the nakedness was quiet amusing. lol Does anyone feel that Merino boxers may be a better choice??

millsms

FNG
For those that are wearing the Stoic merino boxer briefs, how is the fit? Some of the reviews on Backcountry make it sound like they don't fit well, long in the torso.

The Stoic are long down the legs as well. I do like the fit of the Icebreaker Beast better. I think the Stoic were 25 was why i wanted to try them. Seams i don't feel will be an issure but more of a fit issue with longer inseam