Understanding Idaho Tag for nonresident

Hello there, I've been hunting montana the past few years but am going to take a year off to guarantee a tag there in 2026. I want to hunt Idaho next year but want to understand the process first. The idaho fish and game website states that the nonresident tags will open for purchase on 12/10/2024 this year. With that being said, when on that date (is there a specific time?), will all the tags for all zones be available to nonresidents, and you just go on, select your zone, A or B tag, and purchase that simple? Are there only a certain number of tags for each zone? Are those types of tags something that sell out immediately? Are your odds of getting to purchase the tag the same whether online, calling in, at physical location, etc?

jchamwv

FNG
I believe to purchase online you have to create an account, then the morning of the drawing you login, get assigned a random number, and wait for your turn to draw (if your lucky). And from what everyone says every year, the system will crash.

OP
T
If you do it In person or over the phone is that more reliable? If in person, how does that work with the online queue simultaneously going at the same time?

Fullfan

WKR
On line, log into your account just prior to the sale. You will be placed in a virtual waiting room; at 10 Idaho time you will receive a random number around 13k. And you will wait and watch as all the tags you would like be sold. Good luck getting through on the phone too.

OP
T
On line, log into your account just prior to the sale. You will be placed in a virtual waiting room; at 10 Idaho time you will receive a random number around 13k. And you will wait and watch as all the tags you would like be sold. Good luck getting through on the phone too.
I appreciate you airing your frustration with it, but just looking for some real insight on how to best deal with it. I travel a lot for work so if in person has a real advantage I’d like to know how that works

OP
T
I appreciate you airing your frustration with it, but just looking for some real insight on how to best deal with it. I travel a lot for work so if in person has a real advantage I’d like to know how that

Fullfan

WKR
I appreciate you airing your frustration with it, but just looking for some real insight on how to best deal with it. I travel a lot for work so if in person has a real advantage I’d like to know how that
If you want a tag, be in Idaho on the 10th at a vendor. But then again there in no 100% way to guarantee you will still get the tag you want.