UM TIKKA Scope Rings

amassi

WKR
@ amassi Thank you Sir, but UM store only appears to ship conus at this stage ! Will get wifey to play with Amazon, Lord only knows how much she smashes the buy now key.... grin

Where are you? I have a spare set of 30mm lows if Amazon doesn’t work out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sdupontjr

WKR
My rings arrived, waiting on my tap to clean the old loctite out of the threads.

It looks like in my case the front pin won't work. I could use one the the non-threaded pin and place it in the large hole up front and push it all the way forward. OR just don't use any up front and just use a pin in the rear. Has anyone run into this and just using the recoil pin in the rear rather than both or just front? To me it seems like it wouldn't make a difference whether its just in the front or just in the rear. Both would be nice but oh well.

My rings arrived, waiting on my tap to clean the old loctite out of the threads.

It looks like in my case the front pin won't work. I could use one the the non-threaded pin and place it in the large hole up front and push it all the way forward. OR just don't use any up front and just use a pin in the rear. Has anyone run into this and just using the recoil pin in the rear rather than both or just front? To me it seems like it wouldn't make a difference whether its just in the front or just in the rear. Both would be nice but oh well.

I only have a pin in the rear ring as well. Of the 2 threaded pins that come with them, one needs some time with a file/dremel to get cleaned up because it wont thread in far enough to work as it came. I didn't bother and didn't like the idea of the thread less pin in the big slot up front. So it's basically the same as i've been doing sportsmatch rings with just one pin.

sdupontjr

WKR
Thats the issue I had as well. The 2 threaded pins wouldn't go in enough. I could see threads exposed and the rings wouldn't sit flush on action, so i decided to get a tap thinking its loctite residue on the threads not allowing it to go down just a little more. If that doesn't work, then I'll go your route and clean them up some and make it work.

sdupontjr

WKR
The tap worked like a champ. Tapped all the threads and all kinds of gunk came out. Now the pins will thread all the way down until they bottom out. No issues with bolt either. Still couldn't get that front pin to work. Better yet I could but I didnt want it to impede into the action opening. So just used the rear. But I would think at 45 in/lb clamping, no pin should be needed. So having one is extra.

NSI

WKR
The tap worked like a champ. Tapped all the threads and all kinds of gunk came out. Now the pins will thread all the way down until they bottom out. No issues with bolt either. Still couldn't get that front pin to work. Better yet I could but I didnt want it to impede into the action opening. So just used the rear. But I would think at 45 in/lb clamping, no pin should be needed. So having one is extra.
Mind sharing your tap specs? Been meaning to do this.

-J

OP
Unknown Munitions

Unknown Munitions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

Attachments

• 89ae64e9-3f5f-4be1-95e6-b011657ff357.png
    89ae64e9-3f5f-4be1-95e6-b011657ff357.png
    506.2 KB · Views: 36